JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blue tint on entire screen

(Topic created: 02-29-2020 05:54 AM)
userAVkq1vDOnY
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a Series 8 4K HD 75 in TV that I purchased 18 months ago, over the last 6 months the screen started to have a blue hue to it.  I'd turn it off and back on and it would resolve itself.. That no longer works, the blue hue won't go away....I called Samsung and they basically said "tough luck" your out of warrantee.  Is this the level of support I can expect from them?  Seems like this TV should work longer than that....I'm struggling on purchasing another Samsung, rated very high but if it going to work for 18 months I may need to shop elsewhere? Anyone have success  in this area?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello!

It looks like your TV is experiencing a hardware issue, possible screen issue. This is something that requires an in home service, which requires a technician to be sent your house. You need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. You will let them know the issues you are experiencing and they will be able to set you up with an appointment and have someone come and take a look at it, and ultimately, fix it for you. They will explain everything over the phone. If the television is out of warranty, you may be subject to a charge.

View solution in context

0 Likes
20 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  Can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userJ8sZJBtTUu
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Oh wow today tv started doing the same thing for a tv we bought few days ago.

UN65TU7000FXZA

65 inch Crystal ULD 

all settings are standard and normal 

I currently own 2 other Samsung TVs QLed

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, do you have eco mode turned on? Also, does this occur during the picture test? And does this occur on all sources? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

uservuNpCB2NHZ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm having same issue , 18months an turning my t.v. on results in whole screen going blue across all sources and apps , I phone samsung an got told could be a new screen and I might aswell buy a new tv ? After 18months that can't be right I got 75" UHD tv I paid alot of money for with the conversation on the phone ending in her saying I can send someone round to have look for £100 plus additional charges in case it can be fixed for parts, I just waña know what it is an why it's happening I paid alot of money an expected alot better than this .

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

0 Likes
mike57746644
Explorer
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Sounds like you have rgb mode blue on turn off in expert picture settings

0 Likes
Solution
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello!

It looks like your TV is experiencing a hardware issue, possible screen issue. This is something that requires an in home service, which requires a technician to be sent your house. You need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. You will let them know the issues you are experiencing and they will be able to set you up with an appointment and have someone come and take a look at it, and ultimately, fix it for you. They will explain everything over the phone. If the television is out of warranty, you may be subject to a charge.

0 Likes
userPHL19146
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Our Series 6 UHD Smart TV (KU6500) did the same thing right around the 2- year mark and we have tried every setting, adjustment, and update with no luck. Has anyone managed to find a solution? @userAVkq1vDOnY or @userJ8sZJBtTUu

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@userPHL19146    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and we will look in to this.

0 Likes