Original topic:

Bought a TV locally and somethings very odd about it

(Topic created: 08-15-2022 08:13 PM)
spectech
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Today I bought a 50 inch Samsung TV locally. I brought it home, plugged it in, and next thing you know the TV boots up with a logo saying "The Frame" which I found very odd since this is just a typical Samsung smart tv. That made me question the TV so I decided to check the model number inside of the TV and it was different from the one in the back of the TV. The sticker states UN50NU6900BXZA while the TV states UN70NU6900.. weird. I decided to do a factory reset to see if everything gets fixed and it just got worst, upon resetting everything I would just be met with the same logo and then just a pure black screen. When I ended up getting everything back to the original state I went to accept the terms and policy but when downloading I was met with an error saying "unable to complete Samsung app test. Error code: 2014506-1". 

That's really where I'm sitting at, can't use any online features. Has anyone ever seen something like this before?

Update:

08.15.22 : I'm completely in awe of this masterpiece of a tv. The motherboard of the TV matches the 50-inch model but when I check in settings it thinks it's a 70-inch. SmartThings recognizes the TV but when I put in the pin to connect it I get an error. I'm not giving up on this yet, I am so curious on what has been done to this TV.

6 Replies
spectech
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Got it for 80 bucks, I'm not complaining haha. I even went more ahead to make sure the motherboard was correct and it is. This TV has me completely bamboozled haha!

lazeralligator74
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I had a Google TV once and it got all **bleep** up but I think someone accidentally locked it out on a setting and I couldn't ever use it the same......so I broke it lol
spectech
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Reasonable, haha.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Sounds like the previous owner messed with the software or hardware or both, $crewed something up, then just decided to sell it.
0 Likes
spectech
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

That's what I was thinking about, I'm looking to see of there's any way to flash the software back to its original state.

0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I think it is going to be tricky getting the TV back in working state. It sounds like previous owner most very likely swapped out the original UN50NU6900BXZA mainboard that came with the TV for an entirely different UN70NU6900 board. My guess is some factory settings need to be changed -- from screen type/size to software model -- in order for you to have a chance of getting past the Terms & Conditions step. Your best bet is probably to just buy another UN50NU6800BXZA mainboard. Good luck!

0 Likes