cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Can I disable WiFi on our kids' RU710D TV?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it possible disable or, at the very least, prevent anyone from enabling, the Wi-Fi on the RU710D TVs (Specifically, Model #UN75RU710DFXZA)? I have Internet filters installed on all of our computers & phones & I don’t want my kids to be able to bypass those filters by accessing the Internet via their TV.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can I disable WiFi on our kids' RU710D TV?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regretfully, there is not an option to completely disable Wi-Fi connection abilities on the TV. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to network settings and forget network

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

KVDV, thanks for the tip. However, "forgetting" our network is only half the problem. The other half of the problem is the fact that there are several networks in our area that were not set up with a PassPhrase, which means anyone can connect to them. Since I don't know which of my neighbors are "providing this service", I don't want my kids connecting to any open networks.

Therefore, I want to be able to completely turn off the wireless network to prevent them from connecting to ANY & ALL wireless networks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regretfully, there is not an option to completely disable Wi-Fi connection abilities on the TV. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was afraid that was the case. Thanks for the help.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are welcome! I apologize I couldn't provide better news.