Original topic:

Can I use TV Camera Model VG-STC4000 as web cam in laptop?

(Topic created: 03-18-2020 10:51 PM)
userZbBfiqHsL7
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi,

I need a help to set up my TV camera model VG-STC4000 as web cam in my Windows 10 computer/Laptop.

Its is a USB plugin camera, and when I attached to Laptop, it blinks but nothing comes on computer side.

May be it requires a driver. So, I searched for driver on Samsung website but I did not find anything related.

I seek you advice and suggestion on this.

Thank You,

Vivek

9 Replies
Reinfred
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

HI,

may i know the brand of the computer/laptop you have. You can try skpye to check if the drivers for this will be install using skype camera. Since this is a skype camera.

Other else you may use other camera software apps like they use of laptop camera and select from the devices

0 Likes
userNVLmHZoMNA
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi... the same problem I have but with TV Camera Model VG-STC2000. Do you have a driver for this camera to work with Windows 10. My laptop is Dell Latitude 7480

Thanks

userE3WwqJVYms
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm also looking for the drivers to work with Windows 10, the Camera Model VG-STC2000.

0 Likes
usermDa192rajx
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am facing the same problem. I need a response ASAP

0 Likes
useryHTdheZ02q
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi 

Do you have any more update on this as I have similar model camera and It does not work with my HP laptop windows 10

0 Likes
user1bdFhivW04
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

any help on this topic anyone ?

0 Likes
userZKB8FOAQ8L
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Listening! Need the drivers for me too!

0 Likes
userbNV7qPJWY6
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

For some reason, Samsung only created these webcams as Tv Accessories for Skype use.  Worse, they even stopped the Skype app on their TVs, so without creating a driver for Windows, they have basically created nothing but trash for all of users who paid good money for them.  A huge black eye for Samsung, and I usually love Samsung products.

user7YKnVg1RT0
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This is becoming symptomatic of Samsung - they manufacture good products but their Support is really poor for anything that isn't a really simply answer - and the frequency of them discontinuing support for TV applications is really aggravating - I also notice if you want to speak to someone they promote their JustAsk service - but this is £5 for your first call then £35 per month unless you cancel - as Asteroid says, they have a habit of creating accessory products and then making them redundant which is criminal- we have started migrating to LG for this very reason which is a real shame - shame on you Samsung .... but I am shouting in the dark, no sign they have any interest in listening to what their users are saying or in responding to this thread ....

0 Likes