JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't adjust volume with remote while external speakers are plugged into my TV

(Topic created: 10-31-2021 01:35 PM)
DallinLarkin
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just got a Samsung UN55J6200AFXZA Smart TV, and I like using external speakers. I have those plugged in, but I can't adjust the volume with the remote. The TV just tells me to adjust it manually. So am I forced to use the internal speakers if I want to use the remote? Why can't the remote adjust my external speaker volume? Thanks for any help!

10 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I understand how this can be frustrating with your external speakers not working with your remote, just want to make sure have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049279/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
DallinLarkin
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My TV is an older model, and only has the settings between external audio or TV speakers. Thanks for trying to help! Also my external speakers aren't a soundbar, but plug in using an aux cable.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My apologies they would not be possible to do, but what you can do from my experience is turn the volume all the way up on the speakers then just change the volume on the tv and it will go higher or lower that way. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
DallinLarkin
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks again, for trying to help! 🙂 Sadly that didn't work either. I get a notice on my TV every time I try to adjust the volume with the remote saying: "TV is set to use external speakers. Adjust the volume on the external speakers manually." So I'd have to constantly get up and go change the speaker volume myself.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

As that did not help then the only other way would be to hook it up via optical or HDMI, you would not be able to control the volume via aux. 

0 Likes
DallinLarkin
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Oh ok. I was only wondering, since I used to have a Vizio TV that could adjust volume through aux with the remote. So I didn't know the Samsung TVs couldn't. So I can adjust volume with the remote through Optical, right? Any speakers you'd recommend I'd get that the remote can control?

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Me personally I dont own any Samsung speakers or soundbars, but there are plenty of items on our website that you can look through the reviews to find one that best fits your needs. 

0 Likes
DallinLarkin
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Alright. I'll take a look. Thanks so much for all you've done!

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

You are very welcome! 

0 Likes