JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot Mirror my Samsung Laptop to my TV

(Topic created: 08-26-2018 03:42 PM)
Davesam63
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a Samsung UN65KS9500FXZA 65" curved UHDTV, and cannot seem to use Smart Mirror to connect my Samsung Notebook 9 Pro.  I am on the same network with both devices, have tried both the wired and wireless connections, but cannot cast the Laptop screen to the TV.  Surely there MUST be a way to do this wirelessly, as BOTH devices are Samsung and both are less than 3 years old!

I AM able to mirror my Android phone to the TV (Samsung Galaxy S7), but have tried several different methods for the Laptop to no avail.  Smart View DOES work, however, I want to be able to cast the Laptop screen to the TV as a duplicate display--not just access & display content.  Any advice would be great, thanks.

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried using the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band for both devices?

0 Likes
Davesam63
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes, both devices are on the same 2.4Ghz band, on the same network.  When I try to connect from the Laptop, I get a "Can't Connect" error, and when I try via WiFi Direct from the TV, it does not detect my device.  There must be a step or something that I am missing...

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried using the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band for both devices?

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Please provide the full model code of the laptop. 

0 Likes
Solution
Davesam63
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

OK, figured it out!  Something as simple as turning OFF Bluetooth on the laptop.  Once that was done, it connecteds & worked fine.  Thankd for the assistance!

View solution in context

SamsungSteph
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Well that's great! Happy to hear you figured out a solution! ^_^ Let us know if we can help with any further questions or concerns. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user6VSXA5yHLM
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi Dave,

I turned off my Samsung Notebook bluetooth, still cannot connect to my smart tv.

0 Likes