cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davesam63
Asteroid

Cannot Mirror my Samsung Laptop to my TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung UN65KS9500FXZA 65" curved UHDTV, and cannot seem to use Smart Mirror to connect my Samsung Notebook 9 Pro.  I am on the same network with both devices, have tried both the wired and wireless connections, but cannot cast the Laptop screen to the TV.  Surely there MUST be a way to do this wirelessly, as BOTH devices are Samsung and both are less than 3 years old!

I AM able to mirror my Android phone to the TV (Samsung Galaxy S7), but have tried several different methods for the Laptop to no avail.  Smart View DOES work, however, I want to be able to cast the Laptop screen to the TV as a duplicate display--not just access & display content.  Any advice would be great, thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Davesam63
Asteroid

Re: Cannot Mirror my Samsung Laptop to my TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, figured it out!  Something as simple as turning OFF Bluetooth on the laptop.  Once that was done, it connecteds & worked fine.  Thankd for the assistance!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried using the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band for both devices?

Davesam63
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, both devices are on the same 2.4Ghz band, on the same network.  When I try to connect from the Laptop, I get a "Can't Connect" error, and when I try via WiFi Direct from the TV, it does not detect my device.  There must be a step or something that I am missing...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried using the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band for both devices?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please provide the full model code of the laptop. 

Davesam63
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, figured it out!  Something as simple as turning OFF Bluetooth on the laptop.  Once that was done, it connecteds & worked fine.  Thankd for the assistance!

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well that's great! Happy to hear you figured out a solution! ^_^ Let us know if we can help with any further questions or concerns. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.