Cannot manually/automatically update TV firmware

(Topic created: 12-29-2020 02:54 AM)
tozeke
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Model: UA75F6400

Firmware: 1114 (original firmware)

Issue: everytime I try to update, it says no new firmware available.  Have tried the following to fix

Automatic Update

- keeps saying the TV has latest update

- tried different Wifi network, same result

Manual Update

- download latest firmware (2230.0) to USB and followed instructions to manually update.  It does not seem to read the usb for latest updates

-- USB has been formatted in both FAT and NTFS file systems with same result

- disconnected internet connection, still cannot detect USB

Misc

- have unplugged everything from TV except power cable and USB stick

- **edit ** have done TV reset through Support -> Self Diagnosis -> Reset

Any advice much appreciated.  Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this LINK.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
tozeke
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Bump?

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this LINK.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
tozeke
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks! Will try my luck there.

Happy New Year!

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Happy New Year to you as well! 🙂 Have a wonderful day! 

0 Likes
user1dEFmIKYXh
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a US product. A 2013 series 6400 smart tv, UN50F6400AFXZA. I have downloaded the firmware update to usb flash drive. The tv doesn't find an update file on the USB. The problem is that the image folder which contains the needed file only has an update.msd file. The TV surely isn't looking for an MSD file. The TV says the firmware is up to date. However, I think it is corrupted, and want to reload.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@user1dEFmIKYXh Are you extracting to the base of the USB drive?

The television will not reload the file if it is the same as the one that is currently on the television. Are you trying to update to a newer version or the same version?

0 Likes
user1dEFmIKYXh
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I thought that I had answered this, but it is not showing up. I will try again.

I am trying to reload the same version via USB. It doesn't recognize an update version from the download. I think that is because the update file is update.msd. I don't think the TV is looking for that kind of file. I can't imagine that you cannot reload the file. What are you supposed to do if the version is corrupted?

0 Likes