Original topic:

Cannot mirror Samsung phone to Samsung TV

(Topic created: 05-26-2021 10:18 AM)
user3cKEIvY74g
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e phone and a Samsung LED40 series 6200 TV. I would like to mirror livestreamed events from the phone to the TV, but have recently found it impossible. If I use SmartThings it gives me the option to “view content” on the TV, but that is limited to images, audio, and video - that is, content stored on my phone. If I try it using another app (LetsView) either with auto-detection or with the TV’s pin code, it fails to connect.

I have tried the following:
• Checking that the TV and the phone are both on the same wifi network
• Restarting the phone
• Turning the router off and back on
• Turning the TV off and back on
• Updating the software on the TV

My devices are close together - within 10 feet of each other. The SmartHub menu says I just need to turn on mirroring on my phone. My phone recognizes the TV. What else can I do? I purchased both Samsung TV and phone partly because I expected it to be easy for them to interface. It is not, and has never been - it has always been difficult to establish the connection. But now it is impossible.

Help me out, please. I have purchased sports apps that are going to waste, because I cannot view them on the TV.

3 Replies
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I get the frustrations with the app going to waste but maybe can offer some assistance.  The first suggestion that I've used myself would be to get a USB-C to HDMI adapter or a Dex cable  This is the easiest method to actually be able to view your content.  The only con is the fact that you don't have the phone in your hand unless you're super close to the television.  If you go to your source options do you see "Wifi Casting" as an option?  If that shows as an option you could also try an app like miracast.  In order to better assist, could we get the full model of your television?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user3cKEIvY74g
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My TV is UN40J6200AF. If by "source options" you mean the sports apps, no, there is no "wifi casting" option. 

SmartThings worked for mirroring until recently, although sometimes it was difficult to get it to connect. Now, however, it is impossible.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried resetting the smart hub? If that does not help I would recommend calling in directly and asking for our smart things department at 1-800-726-7864. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes