Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userYWTwnTTtyP
Asteroid

Cant Enable HDR Signal from Windows

Hey all,  looking for help

I'm trying to run HDR video and games from my PC to my television, but cannot. 

I have an LG HDR monitor, HDR works fine from my PC GPU on that. I can connect the TV to the GPU and get 4k resolution, but cannot turn on HDR. 

My understanding is that the only way to enable HDR on my TV is to turn on the  UHD setting. Every time i do this, the screen goes blank and my other displays do as well. Turning UHD off sets everything back to normal. 

My TV can display HDR fine when  its coming from my PSPro. My GPU can display HDR fine when it goes to my HDR LG Monitor. I just cant hook up the GPU to the TV using HDR, it blanks out. 

I'm at a loss. Any suggestions? (FYI i have tried multiple HDMI HDMI Ports on the TV and GPU, and multiple HDMI cords as well. Windows 10 and TV are fully updated) 

TV Model: UN65MU8500FXZA

GPU: 1080 Ti

Cord: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B008U7SLJW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cant Enable HDR Signal from Windows

Was this TV purchased in the US? Also, can you provide me the method you used to enable the HDR mode? There are 2 different methods to turn on the HDR and I just want to make sure which way you enabling the mode. For example: Settings > General > External Device Manager > HDMI UHD Color

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userYWTwnTTtyP
Asteroid

Yes, bought in the US (Best Buy in Atlanta).  Yes, I'm using the "Settings > General > External Device Manager > HDMI UHD Color" setting, i didnt know there was a different option.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Another method would be going to Settings > Picture > Picture Mode > and selecting HDR. Have you already enabled HDR mode on your PS4 Pro? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userYWTwnTTtyP
Asteroid

You can close this-- i switched to a different brand of cord and it works now. Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

awesome, I'm happy you were able to figure it out. Let us know if you have any other questions.