Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gooner21
Asteroid

Changelog for ver 1280.5 (TV) ??

Hi Guys 

where is the changelog for ver 1280.5 for smart TV's, cant find it anywhere but want to know whats in it

12 REPLIES 12
userapBP2RWl1N
Astronaut

Re: Changelog for ver 1280.5 (TV) ??

Same question for me. Updates sometimes have unpleasant surprises. So I 'd rather know what I'm getting myself into.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out, could you provide your full model number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useriCpxIwnvsg
Constellation

Hi there, same here with update to 1280.5.  No drama as it works but always like to know if there is anything cool to watch out for. 

TV model QA65Q9FAMW - AU version - thanks

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Gooner21
Asteroid

Seriously.... What a cop out, Samsung is Samsung.... So much for "customer support" 🙄🙄🙄

useriCpxIwnvsg
Constellation

Mmmm not much luck trying to find out in australia who doesn't have a community forum.

What a waste of my time. Went:

Aus Chat option -> only devs know, not support

-> how to get in touch with devs then?

-> use aus help portal = but what option as none suit = try Tizen

-> Tizen = complete avoidance of question and redirction to USA help sites

-> so basically back here again anyway @SamsungCaleb 

From checking lots of models it looks like the version slowly increases across all models, some don't proceed past a point as other newer ones do.  Would be fabulous if Samsung could maintain an internal database for internal support teams to list key feature by FW versions if people wanted to know.  From checking the notes with the USB download version, it looks like it simply links back to a version of Tizen.  And that this version was standard across different countries all asking "What was 1280.5?" (eg Italy/Netherlands), bar a letter different in a long Tizen model filename string presumably relating to language.

Of course I'm very happy that the TV is updating itself, but not that such a simple request for the changelog for something on my network updating itself on it's own is secret.  Even if it is patching vulnerabilities why not say so.  Hiding that is so 2010 and not something becoming of the largest global manufacturer of integrated circuits..

userbfoua4XccM
Constellation

This update killed the PC mode  

I was able to send full rgb from my pc to my tv but after the update only limited rgb works .. 

In addition to this there was a service menu option to turn off local dimming for pc.. 

This one is broken 

Stay away from this update  

Would appriciate any suggestion how to revert to previous firmware.. M

JDNJ
Astronaut

My model # is UN55MU6290. I can provide a serial number if you need additional info. Can you please provide the changelog now?

user38f0QUcqc3
Constellation

Requesting the same for a UN55MU8000... Pretty sure something broke in 1280.5 regarding Anynet+ HDMI-CEC