JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Channel Guide returns to starting position after Page or Arrow up/down

(Topic created: 01-05-2022 09:31 AM)
userX5GQL2UIkT
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have an RU7100 (50”) TV that works great, but the TV guide (pulled up by pushing the “Guide” button) has started a strange behavior that eliminates its usefulness (started about 2 weeks ago).

After entering the channel guide, and using either the UP/DOWN arrows to move up or down the list, or using the CHANNEL +/- to page, the TV will eventually scan (small circle in the upper left hand corner of the screen) to bring in new channel information, but when that is complete the cursor returns to the starting channel. So, if I start at the first “over the air channel”, and page down to say, the 15th, the TV scans, and then returns the cursor to the 1st over the air channel position. Moving down the list works until I get to the 15th again, and then returns to the 1st.

I have reset the TV, re-scanned the channels, to no avail. The only way it works is to go directly to the first Samsung TV+ channel by entering say, 1001, and then paging up to the Over the Air channels.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies
userDeKXaNHF3x
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I'm seeing the same thing! Very annoying. Thanks for the tip about TV+ channels start at 1001 I didn't know that.
0 Likes
userJSi1WtcpsX
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My tv also does this when I am not connected to the internet and just us my antenna. But the Tv guide at least works, but when I'm connected to the internet and try to use the guide, most of my channels say in information and I can see whats coming up next. I have tried everything to trouble shoot. And I mean everything... This all started because an update to the TV. (Samsung q80r 65" tv- Firmware 1391). Thanks Samsung. 

0 Likes
Solution
usert8fFPaTXht
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The fix that I found has worked for me is:

Remote Control Press the [CH List] button.
Scroll up to [Edit Channels] and select
Select all and [Delete] then [Exit] CH List

Open TV settings and Rescan for programs.
Settings > Broadcasting > Autoprogram

After auto-programming return to [CH List]
[Edit Channels], Select all channels that report "No information" or channels that are not being well received and [Delete] them. [Exit] Edit Channels and CH List.

My Channel Guide has been working well since doing this.