cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Channel guide so slow on Samsung 6 series TV!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has happened since day one. Purchased it in Feb. 2020. Model is UN43NU6900. I have two other Samsungs (7 & 8 series) and they are fine.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you send me a private message with your current software version number and your full serial number? And which store did you purchase this TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same Series 6 TV and the same problem. also the Pluto tv app constantly crashes after a few minutes

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem! QN82Q7DRAFXZA  version 1351...I posted in another thread about slow channel guide too and stumbled on this one. Both threads refer to resetting which does not fix the issue. 

Is there a resolution? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue effects my Samsung too. UN43NU6950

reset has not effect

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've experienced the same issue since I purchased the TV in mid-January. I tried doing a factory resent when I noticed the problem and that didn't help (I also verified I have the most up to date firmware). I basically lived with the issue up until now (just used my phone for TV listings). I tried using the guide today and decided it was time to see if there was a fix and stumbled onto a couple of posts here. 

My Series 6 model: UN50NU6950

Samsung really should admit there is a bug here and let us know how to fix it or issue a firmware update for these TVs. 

I may try to call Samsung support tomorrow and see what they say. I'll post back here if they're of any help.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Replying with an update:

I chatted with tech support. They got on the TV and tried a few things (primarily resetting the TV) and then apparently watched as I showed them the issue (slow loading/scrolling channel guide). It seems to be the TV preview window contstantly reloading causing the issue but it's hard to know for sure.

The tech support guy was really nice and said that it was something that he could not fix and would have to be addressed with a firmware update. He also said he would pass it on to the team that deals with firmware so they could address it.

It would be a good idea for people on this this forum to contact tech support as well (I have no idea if they watch this forum) to let them know they're experiencing this same issue an to elevate it to the firmware team to develop a fix and push out a firmware update for it.

cc: @SamsungTam @SamsungJam  @user0QYxR9s2wA @userMMw7jG5v3t 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a fix!

See these two posts on the "Using Channel Guide is very slow" thread:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/HD-and-UHD-TVs/Using-Channel-Guide-is-very-slow/m-p/1317457/high... (simplest solution)

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/HD-and-UHD-TVs/Using-Channel-Guide-is-very-slow/m-p/1308872/high... (more intricate solution)

Pick which ever works for you.

@SamsungTam @SamsungJam please pass the solutions on to the Samsung firmware team, they should be able to use them to issue a firmware update/patch based on the troubleshooting conducted by userMMw7jG5v3t and userrQPajELiDE.

cc: @user0QYxR9s2wA@overkill63

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Um... I came back to update the original thread and this thread with a note that the fix may be only partial or temporary. It only lasted a week for me but I think I know why. However, it appears Samsung has inexplicably removed the entire "Using Channel Guide is very slow" thread (the above links just go to an "Access Denied" page).  It was the original thread where the partial solution was discovered by users.

Here's the partial solution that worked for about a week in my case and why I think it stopped working

Solution:

1. Go to: Channel List > Edit Channels

2. Look for duplicated channels (e.g. channel "2-2 Acme" may be listed twice)

3. Highlight each channel in the channel list and determine if one is dead/won't tune (e.g. the second "2-2" channel may not load the tv show but the first one does)

3. Select the 'dead' duplicated feed and Delete the duplicate channels 

4. The Guide should work well now

- It is believed that the duplicate 'dead' channels don't load so it kind of gums up the entire channel guide.

Here's why I think it the solution stopped working for me:

I use OTA (no cable subscription). Some channels list in the Guide as "No Information".  The channels do have a broadcast and tune in fine (they aren't a dead channel) but just don't have program schedule information to load into the guide. I think these "No Information" listings also cause the guide to get gummed up and load slowly as you scroll guide listing pages.

I have also verified I have updated to the latest firmware (v1300)

FYI: @SamsungTam @SamsungJam @SamsungCaleb - maybe something else for the firmware/patch team to fix.

Note: In the now deleted thread, user @uservwVJoqvxCI also mentioned that the "No information" channels appeared to mess things up when he tried the above solution.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I assume you are using an antenna connected directly to your TV...

If so, this is normal as the TV has to momentarily scan the upcoming channel(s) on the list in order to populate the programming guide. Because each station transmits its own guide, the TV must repeat this procedure when you scroll down towards the next station. Once the guide is fully populated, the universal guide will not re-scan every station again, unless several hours have gone by.

Also, the TV should hold the guide for several hours, even when the TV is off. This helps reduce scanning times/frequncy while using the guide. If you shut off your TV for a few minutes with a fully loaded guide, turn it back on a few minutes later and hit the CH List button, only to discover that all the channels reverted back to no information, then you're in the same boat as I am. Contact Samsung and tell them to fix that this issue.