cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Channel guide so slow on Samsung 6 series TV!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung 6 series TV. When I use the channel guide it is incredibly slow as you scroll down all of the channels initially show no information, and the top left corner preview picture has that little swirly thing showing it loading. Once the little picture preview loads than the channel information is displayed. But the second I page down the guide the whole process starts all over again. It is very frustrating.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Channel guide so slow on Samsung 6 series TV!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you send me a private message with your current software version number and your full serial number? And which store did you purchase this TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Can you try the steps provided in the link below

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01205506/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This did not work. My other 2 Samsung TVs connect to the 5Ghz wifi band which I think is the key here. I dont see the 5GHz wifi as an option for my TV. Why not?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's odd.  Were the televisions all purchased in the US?  

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes of course!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this only occur with TV apps or is this on a cable box? 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We do not have cable. This is the channel guide. When you press guide on the remote, it is constantly " loading", once it loads and you go down about 8 channels in the guide, it has to "load" again. Soooo frustrating.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is your current software version? Have you tried a factory reset on the TV? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I have been advised severls tmes to do that, via the remote, via unplugging, via factory reset. It works better for a second, then right back to old tricks. There are no available software updates.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full mdoel number? Also how long has this been occuring?