JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Color washed out on 4K TV

(Topic created: 01-03-2022 02:10 PM)
userNiumVKjj4d
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I recently purchased two 43” Samsung AU800 4K TVs. Every time I turn them on, the color is completely washed out. I have to go into the settings and hit reset picture every time, and then it looks colorful and fine again. This is happening on both TVs.

Anyone know why? Before and after “reset” pictures attached.

B05E5EB0-F776-4495-8C35-5695E72B45BD.jpeg

852D449D-3A79-432A-9822-C6F4DE347E2C.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello there! I can definitely understand the frustration with your TV picture not being clear. If the troubleshooting steps provided above have not resolved the issue, I recommend following the steps in the link below. If you are still having issues with the image on your TV, the TV may require service. You can send a private message to any of the moderators here for more information on setting up service. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/

View solution in context

6 Replies
userf422b1GzHI
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same for a 70” Class TU6985 4K Crystal UHD Smart Tizen TV.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
You can file an error report and see what Samsung tells you. If they're still under warranty I'd return them before it ran out if they won't help you though.
0 Likes
userx23DjWKoHz
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Are you streaming through a 3rd party device?

My 8000 series does this and it was my Firestick attached to it. I had to cycle through the inputs or the color profiles for it to correct. My other Samsung Class 7 doesn't do this. The only difference is one has a Firestick MAX and the other is a 4k. 

The solution (for the Firestick): In the Firestick app, go to “Settings”. From there, go to “Display & Sounds”. Click on “Display”. Scroll to the bottom and select “Dynamic Range Settings” and then select “Adaptive”.

turtlehermit
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you so much for this!!! We have been thinking for months that this was an issue with our Samsung TV. I changed that setting in my firestick and the problem seems to be gone. Before changing that setting the washed out picture would happen anytime you turned the TV off for more than a couple minutes. The fix was pretty simple though all you had to do was turn it off and back on again and it would return to normal, but, I'm certainly thrilled to have this aggravation finally end

0 Likes
wmbbabs
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Does not work with reset at all; can hear but no clear picture
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello there! I can definitely understand the frustration with your TV picture not being clear. If the troubleshooting steps provided above have not resolved the issue, I recommend following the steps in the link below. If you are still having issues with the image on your TV, the TV may require service. You can send a private message to any of the moderators here for more information on setting up service. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/