cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Connectivity issues

My 2014 Samsung LED TV, Series 56, is connected to the Internet wirelessly. Yesterday, when I tried to use the Smart Hub it suddenly started to switch to wired and consequently it could no longer connect to the Internet. I have reset the network settings, unplugged the TV from the wall, tried different wireless networks, reset the Smart Hub, reset the router, but no matter what I do, it always switches to "wired" with no means available to change to "wireless" within the Smart Hub. The only way I can change to wireless is by pressing Menu on the remote > Network Settings > Network Type and then change it to the wireless network of my choosing. I get the message that I am connected to the Internet. I can turn the TV off and back on and it still says that it is connected wirelessly. But when I go to the Smart Hub where I would have to start the set up procedure now (because I reset the Smart Hub earlier) and press "Start", it says "checking WIRED network connection" and after a while of checking I get the message "Connected to the wired network, but not the Internet". I checked the IP settings, entered IP Setting and DNS Setting manually, to no avail. After I exit from the Smart Hub and return to Network Settings it had switched to"wired" there too. But I can change it again and then I am connected to the Internet again, without being able to use the Smart Hub.
I don't know what else to do.  Can anyone offer suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Connectivity issues

Have you checked for available updates? Please go to Settings>Support and provide the full model code and current software version of the television so that we can best assist.