cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Constant Unplugging to Get WiFi Back

Samsung ..

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE update your Smart TV software ASAP so users don't have to unplug their TVs for 30 seconds in order to get it to connect back to their WiFi. This is a GIANT problem when trying to get to the APPS on your Smart TV!! We have a UN55MU6290 Samsung Smart TV .. but this is a continuing issue for many of your models. COVID-19 means we are all in need of ways to stay occupied .. this is more than a slight inconvience .. it is a HUGE PROBLEM!!

To be clear, when a user turns off their smart TV after watching, then turn it back on sometime later, the TV will no longer connect to the  WiFi (which means when you try to launch an APP you get a NO WIFI message).

The only fix that works is:

1. again turn off the TV
  2. unplug the power cord  from the TV for 30 seconds
  3. plug the power cord back in
  4. go to the App you wanted to use  

We worked with your chat support for over 2 hours yesterday. We are on firmware 1280. They even remoted in .. nothing they did fixed this issue. Many of my friends with Samsung Smart TVs are reporting this same issue on Social Media!!!

PLEASE TAKE THIS POSTING SERIOUSLY, address the underlining issue and update your firmware to correct this problem!! 3/24/2020

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Constant Unplugging to Get WiFi Back

Hello userjcm3enfhYv,

Sorry to hear about your problem with the wifi. I was going to recommend doing a network reset but you've done a lot already. Going to add @samsungmoderator to see what other options we can do to help you during these times. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a Network Reset .. are you talking about power-cycling our ATT Uverse modem? We have already done that.

Technically, the WiFi settings remain. It's just that the TV itself needs to be power-cycled by unplugging the TV from the power souce for 30-seconds each time in order to get the apps to open (rather than the error message that there is no WiFi). After replugging in the TV when you click on an app it connects fine to the WiFi.

The Samsung technician who worked with us (first on chat and then remoted into our TV) tried so many different things. He changing DNS from auto to manual and set it to 8.8.8.8 .. that didn't solve the problem. We have re-entered all the wireless info several times. 

This definitely seems like a glitch in the Samsung software! Thank you for having a smart Samsung person look into this issue.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hey userjcmenfhYv,

Actually to do a network reset on the TV itself. 

reset.JPG

Also here is the link to our support site on troubleshooting the problems. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111014/

Hopefully one of these steps helps.

@SamsungLarry 

Highlighted
Asteroid

NO LUCK .. we reset the network, re-entered the WiFi password and apps can be accessed until you turn the TV off. When you turn TV back on it says there is no connection. If you unplug TV from power, wait 30 seconds, plug TV back in then apps see the WiFi and they work just fine  .. until you turn the TV off for the evening and have to begin this crazy process all over the next time you want to get to Netflix or Hulu or some other app.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same issues with my TV as well, and my router is in the same room as the TV. At first, it didn't do it every time but now it does. I just figured out in the last month that instead of having to unplug the TV, you can hold the Power Button in on the remote until the TV restarts and that seems to "reset" it, at least for me anyway. It is still a pain in the butt though and shouldn't be like this.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just bought a 2019 7 series UHD, hooked it to my network wirelessly a day later my newtork was speedtesting at 1-3mg with the TV on or off, I went into network setting, reset the network and didn't rehook it to the network wirelessly, (didn't enter the network key) now I speedtest at 23-25mg, the TV on or off was using all my bandwidth, I'd suggest either an ethernet cable or a computer hdmi cable, don't use the wireless.