JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Corner of TV melting and screen goes black!

(Topic created on: 1/24/21 6:49 PM)
userYHqrxheTea
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi,

My 50" Samsung TV (UN50J6200AFXZA) which I bought in July 2016 from Bestbuy has been great, until now! Turned on the TV and watched for 2h to see that the bottom left corner started to go black. Went up to the TV to see that the plastic from on the TV started melting and was extremely hot!!! What if we would be in the other room?? Fire hazard!

We have other brands TV's that we had for much much longer and have never seen this issue! Any suggesting what to do?

Best regards

Magnus

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLarry
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Helo
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
My best suggestion is go to Samsung.com then go to support - contact us - then click on the cloud icon popup on the bottom right of your screen select message us and and when bot starts chatting write Agent and it will connect you with a live person that you could talk to.
That's my suggestion to you. And Good Luck
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLarry
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userRcJN9Ixoco
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This just happened to my TV as well. 

Did Samsung resolve this issue? It seems to have happened to many people from what I see, so it's a manufacturer issue. 

Thanks 

Lauren 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send pictures of the damage to the television, along with the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes