JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

DCX3200-M and HDMI ARC port

(Topic created: 04-27-2021 07:03 PM)
userLCqORCzNjg
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My friend just bought a Samsung 70" Crystal UHD Series 7 and when we plug his Spectrum DCX3200-M STB in to either HDMI1 or HDMI2 (ARC) - the TV will not recognize the STB.  Says Unknown.
I am seeking proper troubleshooting steps.

Should either port work?

Thanks in advance.

Shadrac

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
HD and UHD TVs

When TV says Unknown, it just means that it couldn't automatically detect the type of STB you have and will ask you if you want to manually set up your TV so it can control the STB with your TV remote.

If you skip this setup and exit out of that screen, you should still be able to see your STB video.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Options
HD and UHD TVs

When it says Unknown, you have the option to setup Universal Remote Setup where you can control the STB with your TV remote. But make sure the STB is placed in front (or close) of your TV before the setup.

Or, you can just hit the Return key to get out of the Unknown screen and not set up.

0 Likes
ALTheus
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I have a 70" Samsung also. It also says "unknown " but it receives the signal from my AT&T Uverse.
0 Likes
Solution
Options
HD and UHD TVs

When TV says Unknown, it just means that it couldn't automatically detect the type of STB you have and will ask you if you want to manually set up your TV so it can control the STB with your TV remote.

If you skip this setup and exit out of that screen, you should still be able to see your STB video.

0 Likes
userLCqORCzNjg
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This was resolved and thank you for all the replies!!
I ended up hard resetting his providers STB.

Great forum!!

0 Likes