Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark Bar near center of screen

I have a 55" Model: UN55RU7200FXZA TV that was purchased 1.5 years ago. This TV has developed a dark vertical spot/bar about a foot wide. Yes this is out of warranty however, I have come to find that this is a common problem. This is sad. I really enjoyed my last samsung TV  and I really liked the picture on this one.  So what does Samsung recommend?  


Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dark Bar near center of screen

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur on all sources and during the picture test? If it does this will require service you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area.


Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.