cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Dark shadow line up and down center of TV screen

I purchased a brand new Samsung TV a little over 2 years ago.  Today it has a long dark shadow that goes up and down the center of the screen.  I contacted support and they ran me through a list of troubleshooting steps only to be told I would need to pay for repairs.  Thats very disappointing considering I spent over $2,0000.00 on this 4kHDTV which was supposed to be top of the line.  A one year warranty just is not enough for a TV that expensive.  I bought a $400 hdtv on black friday 5 years ago, Westinghouse, and it still works perfectly.  Ive been a loyal samsung customer for years....i own a Samsung refrigerator, washer, dryer, 4 cell phones and this TV with a Samsung sound bar...all purchased within the last 5 years!!....id say they are losing a good costumer.  Sometimes more expensive is not better!!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dark shadow line up and down center of TV screen

Do you have a ticket associated with this? This does seem like something a service technician would have to look at. Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Dark shadow line up and down center of TV screen

Yea, very disappointing.  My first LCD was a Samsung 46" for my living room.  I only replaced it because I needed TV in another room, so I (thought I) upgraded to a 50" for the living room and moved the 46".   The 50" lasted 4 years and started to get shadow lines.  I didn't want to mess with it, so I (thought I) upgraded to a 55".  Less than 2 years old and guess what?  2 days ago, shadow down the center and today, the whole right side is dark.  From what I have seen on here, it's gonna cost me more than $200 to fix it.  I guess I am not a Samsung customer anymore.  The 46" is over 10 years old and still has the best picture I have ever seen.  Looks like they turned Samsung to junk.