JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Delayed Response to Remote Commands

(Topic created: 04-06-2021 11:22 AM)
userLSzplaGDWi
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a 60" Smart TV model UN60KU630DFXZA purchased 10/29/16. Last week I started seeing a delay on the display of the "Home" icons that appear at the bottom of the screen when first turning on the TV. It has progressed to the point of the TV no longer powering up from the remote. I know the remote works because it will turn on my other Samsung. The remote flashes red but the TV doesn't respond. I can only turn the TV on using the joy stick controller however sometimes there is no audio and at other times the audio is on at high volume. In either case it is not adjustable with the joy stick or remote nor are any other functions operable/available using both. I've tried all of the diferent resets I've read about to no avail. Once the TV is on I can navigate channels through the cable box but that's it. No volume control or changing inputs and cannot access the TV settings menu. Is this a parts issue? IR sensor, wifi module, power button/switch? Anyway to troubleshoot these separately? Looking forward to any guidance.

Anthony

6 Replies
userIdHnJGCKlw
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Having similar problem. I bought a new remote and replaced batteries. Still my TV (NU7100 4K 2018) is not receiving remote signal, or will receive it but then I can only click once or twice, and then it seems to no longer respond. Doesn't seem the remote is the problem. The TV signal receiving seems slowed or messedup.

0 Likes
userIdHnJGCKlw
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having the same issue. I bought a new remote thinking maybe it was the remote. I have reset my wifi, unplugged tv, plugged back in, etc.   I have the  NU7100 4K 2018 .  WHAT is going on?  Anyeone try getting a call in to Samsung?  (PS being stuck inside in NYC on coronavirus lockdown with kids and not being able to use the TV is extra frustrating).

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

There's a quick check to perform to figure out if it's your remote or your TV at fault. Remote is flashing but not responding.

Reset the remote

• Remove the batteries and then press Power for 8 seconds to reset the remote. Then reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. Check out the user manual( if you do not have one please visit www.samsung.com type in your model number) if you need help accessing the battery compartment.

Check to see if the remote is sending an IR signal.

• Get either a digital camera or use the camera on your phone or tablet. Point the remote at the camera, and then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, look at the camera's screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a colored light coming from the remote control.
  • If you do not see the IR light, replace the batteries with fresh ones and try again. If you still do not see the IR light, replace the remote.
  • If your remote is not a Smart Remote, and you see the IR light, turn your TV on using the control on the TV directly, and then try again to control the TV by pointing the remote directly at the Samsung logo.

If you have a Smart Remote, try to pair it with the TV.

Press and hold Return and Play/Pause simultaneously for at least 3 seconds until a message appears on your TV indicating that the remote is now connected.

If the remote will not pair, get your phone out again (or another similar Bluetooth device) and navigate to its Bluetooth menu. (On many phones you can swipe down to open the navigation bar, then touch and hold the Bluetooth icon to open its menu.) Look for your TV on the list of available devices.

• If other devices like your phone can see the TV as an available Bluetooth device, then your Smart Remote is not functioning correctly. Replace the Smart Remote. If you're in warranty, contact 1-800-Samsung for a replacement, or you can purchase one from samsungparts.com.
  • If other devices like your phone cannot see the TV, the TV requires service.

To have service set up, please feel free to reach out to us directly via one of the following options and with a link to our thread.

1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport
  2. Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513
  3. Or you can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userlEQ02WRKMH
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Don't overcomplicate this:
I tried most of the suggestions given here to correct my slow remote response with no luck.
So, I unplugged my Samsung TV and went to bed. Next morning plugged it back in and the remote worked perfectly. No lag, no delay. It was like a miracle! It's probably not necessary to leave the TV unplugged overnight. But, it's a simple solution that worked for me... Give it a try.

userce4eVFONXi
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have had this problem on a UN65Ju6500 for the 5 plus years we have owned it.  As a retired CIO, I know a memory bleed when I see one. 

If you go into the service menu and do a full reset (Do Not do it unless you have a good background with this sort of thing) it will clear the problem. The man that just unplugged it for over night may well have accomplished the same thing.

Samsung has a problem with its code someplace and it is "eating" memory. When it gets back the whole thing slows down. When the memory is freed up the thing goes back to normal.

The thing that stinks is that they have to know there is a problem. They just refuse to own it.  The common customer then suffers for it. 

users01lwOHugv
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The guy who unplugged his TV is correct. If you do a full reset on your Samsung tv, it resets everything; all your settings, component setup, bluetooth, apps, channels, etc etc.  You do not want this.  I unplugged the power cable from my TV. Waited 5 minutes, plugged it back in and any delay with the remote response was gone. Any memory bleed was cleared.  I would not do a full reset unless it is absolutely necessary.