Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userB6M3TSWdWn
Asteroid

Deleting Youtube App from Smarthub

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to delete the YouTube app from Smarthub on my TV.  I do not want my kids accessing it.  The delete option is disabled for this app in the menu.  If it cannot be deleted, how can I at least disable it from working?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Deleting Youtube App from Smarthub

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After further research, it looks like the youtube app for this model is a pre-installed app. Pre-installed applications cannot be deleted. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you provide the model number of the TV? Also, have you checked for updates on the device as well? It is possible the option to delete the app is blocked because the TV is not up to date. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userB6M3TSWdWn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The model number is UN55NU8000F.  The device is up to date with the latest updates.  The Delete option is greyed out for some apps and not others.  I tried selecting the greyed out 'Delete', and get a message that says: "The basic apps cannot be deleted".  So it looks like this is by design that Samsung does not want users to delete the YouTube app.  All I can do for now is lock the app with a PIN code.  However, I would rather be able to delete the app.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After further research, it looks like the youtube app for this model is a pre-installed app. Pre-installed applications cannot be deleted. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userB6M3TSWdWn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks...  as a user I would like to have control over which third party apps are on my device.  Especially an app that does not do a good job at filtering content for kids.  With all the garbage out there on YouTube I would rather just delete the app like I can on other devices.  Would be great to have a way to send this feedback up to the product management team at Samsung.  I could totally see a regulatory requirement for this in the future.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I certainly understand, I'll mark your post as a Feature Request so that any perusing developers can see it more easily. Smiley Happy