Original topic:

Digital TV Antenna issues- Broadcasting greyed out

(Topic created: 08-08-2019 07:36 PM)
Mandyg1979
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My TV model # is  UN65MU8000FXZA

I'm trying to hook up a digital TV antenna and the Broadcasting setting is greyed out on my TV.  For some reason it's not picking up that the antenna is connected.  I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the antenna.  I've also tried turning off and uplugging the TV.  Nothing has worked.  I tried it on our other Samsung TV and it works fine.  The antenna is working, is it possible it's not compatible with my TV.

Thanks for any help!

16 Replies
user4cWCSM3S6h
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The instructions from Cookie worked for me. I think the key thing is that you have to set your source to TV even if you wind up watching TV+ for the moment. The greyed out Broadcasting setting only makes sense to the smart tv when you have selected the tv source. It will always be greyed out if you're set to a cable box or some other source.

0 Likes
userFCVRIIsju6
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm haivng the same problem. It's the December update that casued it.

My TV was hooked to an indoor antenna and worked great. No lightening hit.

Big Samsing in the living room lost its chnnels. They just went dead.

Reset and rescanned and it worked.

Not the bedroom Samsung.

Now it's on a outside antenna and it's deaf as a rock. The livign room Samsung is now using the same antenna and doing great. I've been into satellite TV since the big dish and still use a 8 foot dish. This is not a dumb user problem...it's a update broke my TV problem.

Samsung messed up my TV where I can't watch local storm and tornado warnings.

I will get a refund one way or the other. It worked until they broke it.

The website spell checker doesn't work. Not surpised.

0 Likes
userbm6AHNbYDD
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Help needed....solution is not working.   Confirmed software updated completed too along with trying 2nd digital antenna.

Broadcasting still greyed out.

Anything else I can try?

0 Likes
usersCA51169Gw
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I actually found that if you go to the e-manual, choose tv-viewing.  It will bring up menu with an option for over the air programming, press right on keypad and it will highlight a "try now" option.  It required me to enter my PIN code and then it allowed me access in the settings menu.  I hope this helps because the aforementioned solution did not work for me.  Hope this helps!

0 Likes
userY3fcBoRdGl
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This worked for me 100% Thanks!!

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Destinalpha
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Ok

0 Likes