cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHsmBNw5eEj
Asteroid

Digital optical port not working with the Samsung remote when connected to our Bose soundbar 700

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried connecting it to the HDMI ARC port, but the TV kept turning itself on after getting turned off every night. Samsung told me to switch ports. Then no sound. Switched back now it's not detecting the HDMI ARC port at all. Bose suggested using the optical cord, but I can't use the Samsung remote to adjust the sound. Could this get any worse.... HELP!!! Best Buy isn't much help...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userHsmBNw5eEj
Asteroid

Re: Digital optical port not working with the Samsung remote when connected to our Bose soundbar 700

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, a brand new one with gold on the ends. Still didn't work. Finally called Best Buy Geek Squad, got an actual technician to walk me through it. Using an optical connection with a soundbar by any brand you can't use the TV remote to control the sound, you have to use the remote for the sound system. He had me turn on the AnyLink+. Wham it worked!!!! Samsung had me turn it off because that was the source of the tv turning back on at night after we turned it off. Bose said the AnyLink is awful & doesn't effect the tv turning off or the soundbar. Both wrong. It controls the HDMI ARC port so it has to be on. Geez what a mess for one simple solution. Also had me try turning the Bose soundbar off first then the tv, since the Bose remote doesn't do anything with the TV except the sound or bluetooth. That worked as well. 👍🏻👍🏻 for Best Buy in this round!!! Samsung really should have known better.... love their phones, tablets, & TVs, but their help people need some schooling. 

3 REPLIES 3
userHsmBNw5eEj
Asteroid

Re: Digital optical port not working with the Samsung remote when connected to our Bose soundbar 700

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model number MU8000

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userHsmBNw5eEj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, a brand new one with gold on the ends. Still didn't work. Finally called Best Buy Geek Squad, got an actual technician to walk me through it. Using an optical connection with a soundbar by any brand you can't use the TV remote to control the sound, you have to use the remote for the sound system. He had me turn on the AnyLink+. Wham it worked!!!! Samsung had me turn it off because that was the source of the tv turning back on at night after we turned it off. Bose said the AnyLink is awful & doesn't effect the tv turning off or the soundbar. Both wrong. It controls the HDMI ARC port so it has to be on. Geez what a mess for one simple solution. Also had me try turning the Bose soundbar off first then the tv, since the Bose remote doesn't do anything with the TV except the sound or bluetooth. That worked as well. 👍🏻👍🏻 for Best Buy in this round!!! Samsung really should have known better.... love their phones, tablets, & TVs, but their help people need some schooling.