JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Discovery+ not showing up in TV Apps

(Topic created: 01-05-2021 05:51 AM)
userCyJdko9s6B
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I want to download and subscribe to the new Discovery+ app, but its not showing up on my Samsung Series 8 app dashboard. Intense googling says it should be there. I've tried rebooting. Any ideas when it will show up or if I need to do something to get it on my tv? 

40 Replies
Solution
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Discovery+ is available for most smartphone, tablet, and desktop browsers, Samsung Smart TVs from 2017, and newer and most connected devices. Please visit https://www.discoveryplus.com/ to find out more about all the ways to stream discovery+.

For instructions on how to download Discovery+ to your Samsung TV please see the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062169/

**Please note, only apps available in the App Store can be installed on the smart TV.**

If you are able to download the app from the App Store but the app is freezing, not loading, or crashing, you should see the link below for instructions on rebooting the TV and resetting the Smart Hub.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003027/

If you are still having an issue with the app after completing the Smart Hub reset, and you made sure that the unit is up to date please reach out to the app developer to see if they are aware of the issue. Many times a fix is likely to be available soon.

0 Likes
userShcbtMgOG4
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The Discovery Plus app is Not available on the Playstation store yet, as of 1/06/21.

I'm also not able to find it on my Samsung TV's smart hub, both on the splash screen or search.

usercG5wzB4uBO
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It is showing on my TV but everytime I go in to register it wants an activation code.  I have gotten two diferent responses from Discovery that do not work.  One was go to my Samsung account to get the code, the second one was to to the discovery+.com/Samsung to ge the code - neither worked.  I have given up and canceled my subscription.  I don't want to watch it on my computer, phone or IPad.

0 Likes
Plumber
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Same thing on my Sony TV..I purchased it on Google play and it will not complete the download.I read in the help section that some apps are not compatible for TV.I cannot figure it out..
0 Likes
user2OvLS8N28R
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I understand that Discovery plus will be rolling out on other platforms but what about being able to download to my 6 series 2016 Samsung TV other than Chromecast? Will this ever become possible? I am willing to wait if it will at some point work with my TVs. There is no way I'm replacing a 5 yr old perfectly good TV. Very disappointed.

Victor27
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Okay so I encountered this problem as well I called samsung support and a supper helpful guy named Edgar told me I had to reset the tv and of course I didn't know how to do that, so what we need to do if you can't install an app you have to press and hold the power button and continue to hold the power button until the tv turns off and back on and this will effectively reset the TV but WON'T DELETE ANYTHING so don't be scared I then went back to install the app and it installed right away, I hope this works for you.
Members_gP5Gs73
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you! I tried downloading the app and it wouldn't work, but after reboot it downloaded no problem 

userdQ2LHs9ToF
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks for the post I just reset the TV and the app started working.

uservpyPQ0MXj2
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I managed to reset my samsung series 8 smart tv, but still did not see the app. Any ideas?