cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Discovery+ not showing up in TV Apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to download and subscribe to the new Discovery+ app, but its not showing up on my Samsung Series 8 app dashboard. Intense googling says it should be there. I've tried rebooting. Any ideas when it will show up or if I need to do something to get it on my tv? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Discovery+ not showing up in TV Apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It's still rolling out to different platforms. As of right now it's in the Playstore and also downloadable on Chromecast with Remote for sure. Runs really well. Should hit other markets soon. Hope that Helps

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It's still rolling out to different platforms. As of right now it's in the Playstore and also downloadable on Chromecast with Remote for sure. Runs really well. Should hit other markets soon. Hope that Helps

View solution in original post

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Discovery Plus app is Not available on the Playstation store yet, as of 1/06/21.

I'm also not able to find it on my Samsung TV's smart hub, both on the splash screen or search.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is showing on my TV but everytime I go in to register it wants an activation code.  I have gotten two diferent responses from Discovery that do not work.  One was go to my Samsung account to get the code, the second one was to to the discovery+.com/Samsung to ge the code - neither worked.  I have given up and canceled my subscription.  I don't want to watch it on my computer, phone or IPad.

Astronaut

Re: Re: Discovery+ not showing up in TV Apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same thing on my Sony TV..I purchased it on Google play and it will not complete the download.I read in the help section that some apps are not compatible for TV.I cannot figure it out..
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Okay so I encountered this problem as well I called samsung support and a supper helpful guy named Edgar told me I had to reset the tv and of course I didn't know how to do that, so what we need to do if you can't install an app you have to press and hold the power button and continue to hold the power button until the tv turns off and back on and this will effectively reset the TV but WON'T DELETE ANYTHING so don't be scared I then went back to install the app and it installed right away, I hope this works for you.
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! I tried downloading the app and it wouldn't work, but after reboot it downloaded no problem 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me thank you! Originally I could find it, but the app would not download. All I had to do was hold the power button down on my remote for about 10 seconds...didn't power back up on its own so I'm not sure it was a true reset, but once I powered it back up I was able to download the app instantly. Thank you. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any idea when it will be available for a Series 6 65" TV?  (UN65KU6290FXZA Version # DA02)

Asteroid

Re: Re: Discovery+ not showing up in TV Apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION
from what I read my understanding is that the TV would need to be 2017 or newer for Discovery + to be compatible however this may change, a good work around is getting a chromecast and casting the app from your phone on your TV it's fairly inexpensive and a quick work around I hope this helps