JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Discovery+ not showing up in TV Apps

(Topic created: 01-20-2021 05:16 PM)
userCyJdko9s6B
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I want to download and subscribe to the new Discovery+ app, but its not showing up on my Samsung Series 8 app dashboard. Intense googling says it should be there. I've tried rebooting. Any ideas when it will show up or if I need to do something to get it on my tv? 

usersgK3CuMG4N
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
thank you this worked. so glad you called
userP8VH407K4C
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This worked for me thank you! Originally I could find it, but the app would not download. All I had to do was hold the power button down on my remote for about 10 seconds...didn't power back up on its own so I'm not sure it was a true reset, but once I powered it back up I was able to download the app instantly. Thank you. 

fpliptak
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Any idea when it will be available for a Series 6 65" TV?  (UN65KU6290FXZA Version # DA02)

Victor27
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
from what I read my understanding is that the TV would need to be 2017 or newer for Discovery + to be compatible however this may change, a good work around is getting a chromecast and casting the app from your phone on your TV it's fairly inexpensive and a quick work around I hope this helps
0 Likes
userU7bvfTi63a
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi

I have just had a software update on my TV and just checked the App store and pleased to say Discovery plus is now on there, hope this is the same for your TV 

Thanks 

userChwWoa71oY
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

As of 01/23/2021- discovery plus, Disney plus doesn't show in my apps and I cannot sign in because I keep on getting an error message that I'm not connected to server. 
but yet I'm getting Netflix and amazon. 
I really don't understand this tv.

i tried pressing and holding the power button on my remote - it turned off my tv but it never came back on. 

userSEZpsq2OxO
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Same.
0 Likes
user5sBipb8uPz
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Same Problem
0 Likes
userOAcPmnrW1l
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

is discovery plus available for the smart tv's yet. If so, how can I down load it?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you for reaching out, can I have your full model number to look into this? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes