JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Discovery+ not showing up in TV Apps

(Topic created: 02-10-2021 03:32 PM)
userCyJdko9s6B
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I want to download and subscribe to the new Discovery+ app, but its not showing up on my Samsung Series 8 app dashboard. Intense googling says it should be there. I've tried rebooting. Any ideas when it will show up or if I need to do something to get it on my tv? 

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Take a look at the link below on how to install apps on your Samsung TV.

Please note that only apps available in the App Store can be installed on the smart TV.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062169/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
banditware
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

ummm....that's what I did. Other Discovery apps show up and same with Disney+ but no Discovery+
I doubt TV is too old...yet

0 Likes
banditware
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It seems the Samsung library of apps on my TV is missing the Discovery+ app. It does list other Discovery apps but not the one I need.

0 Likes
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I had to down load Discovery + on to my Tv in the apps section. If this helps hit like and solution check mark.

0 Likes
banditware
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

That's what I said. Did you not read the post 🤔

0 Likes
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs

search it then download. If its not there your TV too old and doesn't support the app.

0 Likes
userzH2u3ur8pV
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

How do you watch the Discovery+ programs on 2016 Samsung TVs?

mikepurdy
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
apparently you can't right now. I am having the same issue
ohiocountrygirl_06
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello.  I have a Samsung tv, model # UN40MU6290f, with the current firmware.  I was wondering if my tv has Discovery + because I can not find it when I go to the search icon to the left and type it in.  All I can find is the infomercial about it.  Has it not been released to my tv yet?  I keep getting an error message that says "server down for maintenance", when searchimg,but yet other apps work.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Please make sure you have the latest version of software for your television,

Go to Support>Software Update within the main menu.

I would recommend trying a smart hub Reset, or Factory reset of the television if the smart hub reset did not resolve the symptoms. 

How to Reset:  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077524/ 

App compatibility is dependent on the developer, I would check with Discovery+ regarding compatible devices.

0 Likes