cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Disney+ App Error Code 1016

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Disgruntled user in Scotland here. Experiencing same issue as of this evening (was working totally fine yesterday........) 

I'm running a Samsung UE49KS8000T  tv unit.

Disney + is apparently a 'basic' app and therefore cannot be deleted/reinstalled.

How am I supposed to get this app to work??

Please advise promptly as I'm not happy having paid the D+ subscription fee and not being  able to watch on my main television set.

Thanks

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has to have been from a Samsung update as disney doesnt use error code 1016.  Please allow us to rollback to the previous version.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am an user. I am not a Samsung employee. Samsung should contact Disney plus if something doesn't work.

Let US now please.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue in the UK

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In the USA

Certainly is frustrating.

The Samsung Update happened yesterday, as I was already on Disney +. Watched part of my movie, and went to work. Came back home, turned on the television, watched the rest of the movie. When it was over, tried to get to my watchlist, and that is when everything went wrong...

Looked up the error code, and got this page, as it was the first result from the Google search. 

I did the same as many others, turn off and on the television. Closed out of all of the apps. Tried updating the Disney + app. All to no avail. This is GLOBALLY?! C'mon, Samsung!

As a workaround, instead of closing your Disney + account, then getting it again later...I tested Smart View on my phone, and was able to stream to the television and watch Disney + that way.

Tried to get back into the app this morning on the television, not that I expected it to be fixed overnight. Spoiler: it wasn't fixed overnight. 

But, until Samsung corrects this issue, which it seems is obviously on their end, NOT Disney. I will stream from my phone, or tablet to the TV. 

But, I will NOT do this indefinitely. If this doesn't get resolved, I can most assuredly be counted on to go with another brand of television, phone, and tablet the next time they need replacing. And, make sure to pass the word about the lackluster customer service that Samsung seems to be exhibiting...

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What a stupid, dismissive response. Given this issue is global and appears clearly to be a Samsung issue, they ought to be onto it ASAP given the number of reported exact same, worldwide issues. In any event, a constructive, supportive reply from Samsung is in order or I am sure others, like me will junk Samsung and go elsewhere for a new TV that works.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a Samsung issue not the Disney+ app.

Please provide a solution to fix.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue and same 1-day fix.  I've since called Disney and they 'have never seen this particular error code' and it has been escalated...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Disney+ has never seen that particular error code (1016) because it is actually a Samsung Smart Hub error code. I thought the same thing (the error screen does have Mickey and Pluto on it); ended up calling both Samsung and D+ before figuring out it is a Samsung error code.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same situation here.  Called both Disney Plus and Samsung. Turns out there was a Samsung Smart Hub update rolled out in the northeast in early Feb 2020, and no accompanying Disney + app update to account for the Smart Hub change.  D+ did release software on Feb 17, but it didn't seem to do the trick,  or it wasn't pushed out to the northeast just yet.  

I asked Samsung to roll my Smart Hub version back, was told they couldn't do it.  Between this,  and the fact that we can't uninstall and reinstall the app, it looks like we're stuck waiting for D+ to push an update that's compatible with the new Samsung Smart Hub. I'm sure our kids will understand...