cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Disney+ App Error Code 1016

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem. Time for a update to fix this issue. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same in UK - Samsung tv 1016 error. Am not sure this is a Samsung issue though. I have the Disney+ app accessible on my Sky Q set top box - and that too has stopped working properly - it loads but no sound now! 

Have tried all things on this and other boards - and nothing. Since two devices now no longer work, am thinking Disney have done something. I'll wait a couple of days, but will have to cancel at that point. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As this is a basic app cannot be deleted (and reinstalled) from the smart hub. Therefore, the only way to reset the app is by resetting the smart hub which deletes every other app you may have (so you need to re-login again to all your streaming services). However, as the original post says , this solution only lasted one day. PLEASE FIX IT!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, please fix this ASAP. Yet another issue with my Samsung TV...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a UE49KS8000 and my Disney + started to experience the same issue today.  I have tried reinstalling the app, turning TV off and on at switch, none of these work.

I don't want to try the reset Smart Hub option as that seems to have limited success.

Samsung - are you not able to work with Disney to find the cause of the issue and fix it?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userHAyrQkeQbg This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAl wrote:

@userHAyrQkeQbg This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

@SamsungAl  Still waiting for your support to US customers. Every app (Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc) but this one works fine. At least you could acknowledge the issue!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungAl, all you've done so far is suggest we contact the app developer, and send non-US customers away from this thread. As another user said, what about US customers? Do you have any help for us?

We were literally in the middle of watching a movie tonight, and the service failed. We were watching the movie AFTER a message about something updating (not sure if it was the Samsung TV on auto update, or the Disney Plus app). An uninstall and reinstall of the Disney+ app (multiple times) did not solve the issue.

A bunch of us are apparently now getting this error on May 29th, 2020. I'm going to cancel Disney Plus, as I now cannot watch it on my TV (and maybe I'll research Chromecast, Fire Stick, Roku, etc. to be able to make my 'Smart' TV actually smart, but not excited to spend $35 to $70). We've had problems with other app's too on this TV. So much for a 4K 'smart tv' ( UN55KS8500 ) being smart.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAl Please fix this problem asap, I am having the same problem, and I just bought Disney+. It feels like a waste of my money now, and I was so excited. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also occurring on 5-29-2020 if there is due to Samsung updates then it seems the TV OS occasionally auto updates before the app developers have a chance to rollout an accompanying fix?  Never had a device with as many issues playing apps as this TV does