Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Disney+ App Error Code 1016

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Smart TV - Model Code: UN55KS8500

After a couple months of using the Disney App on my samsung TV without issue, it recently stopped working. Whenever I open the app on the tv, I receive the below message and after a few seconds the app closes. 
"We're having a problem

Exiting the App...

Error Code: 1016 - App_Config_Failure"

Additional details:

- Power cycling the TV by holding the power button until the TV restarts does not work

- This TV does not have the ability to clear the app cache.

- I cannot delete the disney app.

- I used the "Reset Smart Hub" option under Self Diagnosis. This fixed the issue for one day, but when I went to use the app the following day, same error code.

Any fixes?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disney+ error code 1016

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello all! Disney+ is now up and running smoothly! If you should experience any trouble with the app, please use this link for troubleshooting. We thank everyone for their patience and for participating in our Community.

If you're still having trouble after performing theses steps feel free to reach out to one of our moderators for further assistance via private message. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

291 REPLIES 291
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disney+ App Error Code 1016

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I suggest reaching out to the app developers.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is such a . You can see from all of the posts in here that this is def not a Disney+ issue and was thru some update Samsung did. How about some sort of response that makes sense "Samsung Moderator"....What an oxymoron that is....

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My tv wont play Disney+ either.  Was watching it only 30 mins ago and now 1016 error code. Tried the reset hub cache signed back in and still nothing. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Totally agree 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Definitely a Samsung issue.  Just yesterday, for maybe the first time in a couple years, my Samsung software updated automatically.  I remember thinking "Wow that's a first." Ever since, no Disney+.   

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the same issue. That response from the moderator isn't acceptable. Seriously?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We subscribed to Disney+ last night watched a film and today wont work on our Samsung tv. Have wasted 3 hours online with Samsung and Disney + even the Samsung customer service guy took over control of tv remotely and the upshot from Disney + was Samsung and Disney+ have updated and appear to be incompatible and they were working on it!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not an adequate response when the error code is for a Samsung TV. 

Samsung needs to contact Disney + and work out the problem. 

@SamsungAl wrote:

I suggest reaching out to the app developers.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

5/30/20, This error code has appeared now for a few days and we can't watch the Disney+  service we have paid for. SAMSUNG and @Samsung_AL why should the consumer reach out to your app developers?!?! Based on the comments in this thread this is a global issue. Why has nothing been done or addressed?

Please fix this issue.