cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Disney+ and older Samsung smart TV's

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No.  From what I read and the image we just started recieving today on the TV, No.   I believe Disney upgraded their Disney+ App, and only accounted for TVs less then 4 years old as they perhaps were thinking that TVs do not last that long, so why bother with older sets.

Hook your computer/PS4/XBox up to the TV - anything that can stream and you'll be fine.  No need to buy a new TV because of this...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Disney plus live chat have just told me it is their update that wasn't compatible and there It department are working day and night. They are expecting a fix in the next two days. At least they gave some realistic information rather than same old rubbish 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guys, be careful what you say on here. They are censoring people. I commented about this earlier and how I will no longer be buying any of their products. And they removed my comment saying that "Good morning, this message is to inform you that a message of yours has been removed on-page for your use of language. Please be advised that the use of inappropriate language and profanity is not tolerated in the Samsung Community including synonyms and alternative wording. We understand that sometimes hard feelings are to be had, and you are more than welcome to share your thoughts and opinions. However, when sharing we ask that you maintain the terms of service. Continued use of this language can and will lead to a temporary and/or permanent ban from the Community. Thank you for being here in the community and we look forward to reading more positive posts from you" I didn't say anything bad about anyone. Other than repeating that the modders on here don't understand what we are complaining about. So be careful. They are censoring your right to comment. They sure are quick to respond when they don't like something

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello - so yesterday, during a chat with a Disney plus rep I was told that 2016 and older model tvs would no longer be compatible with the Disney plus application. Then I saw someone post that a Disney plus rep had told them Disney was putting an update out today 6/1,to fix the issue. So I again contacted Disney plus support, just now, and was told that they were told today that Samsung and Disney plus are indeed working on a fix for the 2016 tvs and that they won't be obsoleted. They have no time frame for when this fix will happen. The rep said that yesterday they WERE told the 2016s would be obsolete, but today they were given this new information. Not sure who or what to believe at this point. Rep said to just keep checking the app. I'm going ahead and buying a Roku anyway. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Disney+ App Error Code 1016

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is this taking so long Samsung? Disney plus does not work for 2016 tv models, why? It was working perfectly for months and now stopped. It says it's being fixed but what's the hold up? Spent way too long trying to fix this and there are no solutions. Really stressful when your kid wants to watch something on Disney and all of a sudden Cant. Get it fixed now!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't know if they repaired the app but it just started working again on my 2016 ks8000 tv. 06/02/2020 4:45 pm

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After trying for several days, today Disney Plus is working.  Unplug your TV, wiat for 30+ seconds, plug in and Disney Plus worked!  Previous attemps didn't.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Working for me now too

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here.  Working here now.  Did not need to reboot TV. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, they fixed the problem. Hope it now will last longer than 3 years.