cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Disney + Suddenly “not compatible” on 3 year old tv??

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a samsung tv model number UN65KS800D. I have had Disney plus installed on the tv since November without any issues. Suddenly, a few days ago, when opening the app I receive an error code: 1028. I called Disney + and they had never heard of it before. Long story short, the only way to fix the problem is to reset the smart hub. However, it is a very temporary fix. As soon as i exit the app and go back into it, there is that error code again. And the problem of course with resetting the smart hub is that I have to re-download all my apps and re-login which takes a very long amount of time. I reached out to Samsung via Facebook and their response was to send me a link of tvs that are compatible with Disney plus, which apparently my tv is not, even though it was literally working 3 days ago SINCE NOVEMBER and even though the app DOES work until I exit out of it. They had no response to that. Samsung is absolutely no help at all. A television this expensive should not become obsolete within 3 years of purchase. Samsung needs to update accordingly. This is crazy. 

UPDATE: Samsung did not resolve the issue. we bought a 4K Apple TV and attached it to the Samsung and have had no issues since. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Disney + Suddenly “not compatible” on 3 year old tv??

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing happened to us we get the error code 1028 and I reached out the Disney+ and they seemed very confused. I'm glad we are not the only ones experiencing this. It's very frustrating we watched Onward last Friday and since then Disney+ won't work 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey,

I have the same TV and this issue just popped up yesterday.  Literally the same exact thing.

Did you ever get this working or further feedback from Samsung?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The short answer is that I have not received a solution yet. I spoke to Samsung on the phone maybe two weeks ago and they made it seem as if this was a known issue (I'm not positive though because the connection was not good and I had some trouble hearing the representative between the bad connection and her accent). But what I gathered from the conversation and some additional research I did on my own was that Disney updated stuff on their side, and Samsung has yet to provide an update on their end that is compatible with Disney's new update. I am almost positive that she said that Samsung DID have an update but it was not pushed out because something was wrong. I asked her clarify that Samsung was planning on fixing things on their end and she seemed very confident that this was the case. However, Disney is still not working on my tv. Within this community page thing I have noticed posts about almost identical issues between Samsung and Disney plus EXCEPT that the code is different. I am not sure if the issues with those codes has ever been resolved. The thing I am planning on doing to fix this is to buy a Firestick for this tv, which is honestly really annoying because I should have to do that for a 3 year old tv. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. Model #UN65KS8500F 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same model as above and same 1028 problem since about a week ago. Reset to hub only last for the first time I login. Very annoying and I just bought my tv in summer of 2017. You'd think a major tech company could figure this out no problem. What a joke....

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So here is an update. Samsung has not resolved the issue of course, but as a mother to two small kids I need Disney + and I'm not waiting around for Samsung to fix it (EVEN THOUGH YOU SHOULD, SAMSUNG). Anyway, we bought a 4K Apple TV and attached it to the Samsung. A small side note, we have a Firestick for a different tv. I tested it on the Samsung. Disney + looked incredibly disappointing on the Samsung through the Firestick. Like all washed out. So anyway we got the 4K Apple TV. More pricy than a Firestick, but the picture is amazing! Genuinely better than the picture that came through the app that was installed directly on the tv! Elsa has never looked better. So to everyone reading this, don't rely on Samsung to fix what they should be fixing. Get an Apple TV to connect to the television. It's about $180 but it will "future proof" your tv, which is probably only 2-3 years old in the first place.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Disney+ and older Samsung smart TV's

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No.  From what I read and the image we just started recieving today on the TV, No.   I believe Disney upgraded their Disney+ App, and only accounted for TVs less then 4 years old as they perhaps were thinking that TVs do not last that long, so why bother with older sets.

Hook your computer/PS4/XBox up to the TV - anything that can stream and you'll be fine.  No need to buy a new TV because of this...

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Disney+ and older Samsung smart TV's

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Disney plus live chat have just told me it is their update that wasn't compatible and there It department are working day and night. They are expecting a fix in the next two days. At least they gave some realistic information rather than same old rubbish