cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Giadzi
Constellation

Disney+

Not support as such but I was wondering if anyone knows if the Disney+ appthat launches November 12 will be available on Samsung Smart TVs. My Smart TV is 6+ years old and am also wondering, if available, if it supports the app (I know it doesn't support MLB.TV. 

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disney+

I would recommend reaching out to the application developers directly, as we can't confirm the compatibility of Samsung Products with Non-Samsung products, devices or features.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userakTCfmCC2h
Astronaut

So how do we get hold of the applications experts?  You cover vudu, Netflix, amazon, what's another app?  Is it a money issue, someone getting kickbacks from Netflix?

userMPJTTrPRcs
Astronaut

SAMSUNG, 

I actually do have a smart TV with Tizan OS and I still can't load the Disney+ applicaion nor can I sign into my disney + account via the smart TV browser. I'm not going to site that smart TVs 2016 and newer should have no problem with this. Please advise on how to upload Disney + on a Samsung TV that is supposed to be able.

userH1tDG1VUAW
Astronaut

I am in the same boat here, my UHD TV was purchased in 2016 but was a 2015 model.  I think its rediculous that the TV is already "obsolete" when I just purchased 2 years ago.  Disappointing to say the least and will not consider Samsung for my next TV purchase!

Shwartz
Constellation

Unfortunately if your TV is not from 2016 or newer and not running the Tizen operating system, Disney+ will not work. I just found this on the Disney+ website:

What Samsung Smart TVs can I use with Disney+?

Disney+ supports Samsung TVs from 2016 or later (with HD video support) that use the Tizen operating system. For the best experience, we recommend a high-speed Internet connection and a Smart TV running the most recent version of its operating system.
Samsung TVs using the Orsay OS are not supported and use of the built-in web browser is not supported on any Samsung TV.
All components, including HDMI cables, should support high-bandwidth digital content for Disney+. Older audio and video components can have an impact on quality and possibly prevent playback entirely.
For other issues, please consult with the device manufacturer for capabilities of your specific device(s).

user4wh7SuOsoL
Astronaut

Does anyone know how to contact the developers? I just found out that my Samsung 4k TV is too old. Even though I purchased it in 2017 it is a 2015 model.

I am not happy that I am being told I need to purchase another device and go through another app to get this app. This seems crazy that Samsung does not make sure this app is available for all of their devices. I have a Smart hub that will be useless soon if this type of thing continues, and I will not purchase a new Samsung device of any kind if they do not make sure their devices work with these new major streaming services.

Shwartz
Constellation

If you're refering to the Disney+ developers you might try the Disney+ website. As far as Samsung is concerned, I don't know. Everything leads me to the community page here. 

My TVs are 2010 and 2011. I'm not in a position to buy a new TV right now so I just picked up a ROKU Streaming Stick and connected it to one of my TVs. Works great! I get Disney+ and a whole bunch of other streaming channels now. The ROKU account and service is free. There are channels that have a fee but a lot are free. Might be worth a shot.

Nittany17
Asteroid

Trust me...I'm beginning to change my mind completely about buying any more Samsung products for our home or personal use.  I have a Samsung robot vacuum which in two years' time we are no longer able to control it through the app on my Samsung phone due to Samsung removing the model from the list for updating.  So now I have a vacuum that you must use the controller or press the button to make it work, etc.  I mean what's the point of purchasing something with bells and whistles yet in a few years is obsolete and won't work.

I too am in this boat about our two Samsung TVs not being able to add the Disney Plus app.  Been speaking with my Television cable provider to include Prime Video and Disney Plus on a channel as they do for YouTube and Netflix.   

I believe Samsung is passing the buck on this Disney Plus app and making us all complain to Disney to fix it.  I WILL NOT go and purchase another item (Roku or Firestick) just to watch Disney Plus on my TVs.  Nor do I want to watch it on my Samsung phone and throw it onto the TVs via smart view only to receive a phone call or text during the movie!!!

uservRksZ6unH0
Astronaut

How do you know what operating system your  Samsung Smart TV uses? I can not find it anywhere in the Specs. My Smart TV is 4KUHD and made in March of 2016 but it does not have Disney + when I search the available apps. The "6" digit in 2016 could be a "5" but it looks like it was altered. Samsung pawned it off to Costco as a newer TV. I think its time to question the policies of Samsung. Personally, I vote with my wallet. My new TV will not be a Samsung.