Original topic:

Do any 2021 model TVs have Gigabit 10/100/1000 ethernet ports? Or all they all 10/100 ports ?

(Topic created: 09-19-2021 09:57 AM)
userwhjqd7yYqy
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thinking about getting a new TV but want to know if there's any 2021 Samsung models that have a gigabit ethernet port. I know the vast majority of TVs have 10/100's but wondering if anything has changed.

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, Do you have a television model in mind you leaning more towards that you can provide for review? However, yes, you are correct the ethernet port on most of our televisions uses a 10/100 card.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userwhjqd7yYqy
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

There's no specific model I'm leaning towards, but if there is a model with a gig ethernet port, then it would influence me towards that particular model. That's why I asked if there were any as it could be a factor in my decision.

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Understood and I apologize for any inconvenience. At this time, I would encourage you to contact our online e-Commerce department at 1-855-726-8721, they will be more than capable of assisting you further regarding your inquiry. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
moe
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Why do you need a gig on a TV? I'm curious.
0 Likes
userwhjqd7yYqy
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I don't need it, but whenever I buy a TV, I usually have the TV for many years, and I want to future proof it as much as possible. And while you don't need streaming over 100 mbps for most use cases now, that doesn't mean it won't change in the future, and since I use a wired connection on my TV (due to my house setup a wireless connection, even a mesh system, doesn't work as well), I'd like the option in the future if possible. That said, it appears the Cable Matters USB to ethernet adapter works with for many TVs so that could be an option in the future if I needed it

0 Likes