cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gracey21
Asteroid

Does Anynet+ allow volume control?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 2017 Samsung TV (UN55MU6300) with Anynet+/HDMI-CEC enabled. When I use my Apple TV Remote app on my iPhone, it turns on my TV but it does not allow me to control volume. Does Anynet+ on a my TV support volume control?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Does Anynet+ allow volume control?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The short answer is, yes, the HDMI-CEC can allow volume control on the TV using a different device. The problems arise with compatibility and protocols used in different products. Try reinstalling tha app, and verifying that the television and phone are both running the latest updates and patches. Check with Apple support to see if they can provide any insight on this particular configuration.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Are you having any issue with the physical remote for the Apple TV, or the Samsung remote? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the remote app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

gracey21
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I push a button on my physical remote for the Apple TV, it turns on my Samsung TV since Anynet+ is enabled. Samsung TV also turns off when I put Apple TV to sleep. I am also able to control the volume of the Samsung TV using the physical Apple TV remote. Everything works the same using the Apple TV Remote app on my iPhone except volume control. The volume controls in the app are greyed out for me. I just want to know whether or not Anynet+ on my Samsung TV allows for volume control via HDMI. If it does, which I think it should, I may need to troubleshoot more with the Apple TV

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the Apple TV physical remote controls the volume, then the issue will be with the app.

gracey21
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Right, but the Apple TV physical remote controls the volume over IR like a traditional remote control. To control volume using the Apple TV Remote app, it needs to use HDMI-CEC via HDMI. Which is why I want to confirm that Anynet+ on my Samsung TV is capable of volume control over HDMI.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The short answer is, yes, the HDMI-CEC can allow volume control on the TV using a different device. The problems arise with compatibility and protocols used in different products. Try reinstalling tha app, and verifying that the television and phone are both running the latest updates and patches. Check with Apple support to see if they can provide any insight on this particular configuration.

gracey21
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds good, thank you!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are most welcome.