JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does EPG require internet access?

(Topic created: 06-07-2021 07:35 AM)
userFKlvD5CiLD
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Looking to purchase a 4500B Series 32" TV for someone who has no internet.   This will only be connected to a terrestrial (OTA) antenna.   Does anyone have one of these or similar Samsung TV with a GUIDE button on the remote that's NOT connected to the internet that can confirm the GUIDE functions?    

0 Likes
3 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

A universal remote may be just what you need.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFKlvD5CiLD
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I think you've posted to the wrong forum.  My issue had to do with a function of the TV, not the remote.

0 Likes
Solution
userFKlvD5CiLD
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After spending almost two hours on-line chatting and speaking with 3 Samsung employees, I gave up after receiving conflicting answers.  One said I didn't need internet access to receive guide information, the other two said I did. I finally decided to go to the local Walmart and purchase this TV due to their liberal return policy.  Unfortunately, they sold their last 32 inch Samsung yesterday.  I checked into other 32" TV's they had in stock and settled on an LG, specifically the LG 32LM577 model.  The guide on it works great and looks similar to the one you would have from D* or a cable operator's channel guide.  I can even select a program in the future and the TV will auto tune to that station once or even every day.   I can't say how far (days/weeks) the guide runs as it was populating more every hour or so.  In any case, I have confirmed that at least the LG does in fact have a working guide and doesn't require internet.  Issue resolved.  Customer happy!  Samsung, not so much....

0 Likes