cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUFretQqxYi
Asteroid

Dropping WiFi

I have been recently having issues with my tv constantly dropping WiFi. It used to happen on occasion, but lately I can't get through a show without it happening 2 or 3 times. The only way I can remedy it is to unplug the tv and plug it back in. 

The model number is 55MU6300. 

18 REPLIES 18
userUFretQqxYi
Asteroid

Re: Dropping WiFi

Also, no other device is affected. And the router is only about 5 feet from the TV. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried restarting your router? Also when you run a network test where does it show the x between?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userUFretQqxYi
Asteroid

I have tried restarting the router. When it was an occasional problem, it tended to work. Lately, it hasn't. As for the network test, it shows the x between the tv and router. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What is your current firmware version? Have you tried a factory reset of the TV?  And have you tried a different Wifi network? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userUFretQqxYi
Asteroid

I'm not sure how to check the firmware version, and no, only our home WiFi. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You should be able to go to settings > support > about and it will show you your current firmware version. And to factory reset your TV you can do the following Navigate to Settings and then General. Select Reset. Enter your PIN (0000 is the default) and then select Reset. To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically. If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis, and Reset will be located in that menu.

userUFretQqxYi
Asteroid

It helped long enough for me to watch a half a show. It's ridiculous. 

userUFretQqxYi
Asteroid

The current vision showing is 1280. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you using 5ghz wifi?