Original topic:

EARC Issues

(Topic created: 07-31-2022 11:33 PM)
userKrldbVXUL7
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Has anyone had issues with EARC? When I connect a soundbar, it intermittently turns off. I thought it was user error, therefore, I took everything apart and started back at factory settings. Still no difference. Thinking it was the soundbar, I took it to BestBuy to have it looked at. BestBuy said they didn't find any issues. Since I had the protection, they allowed me to switch the soundbar for another one. I hooked the new soundbar up, still same issue. Someone suggested I buy a high-speed HDMI cable. I bought one and the problem continues to happen.
Is there anyone else dealing with this issue?
2 Replies
Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Many people have problems using ARC/EARC. I have an issue myself where the TV will turn on using a source that nothing is plugged into and I have to manually change it to the correct source every time. ARC/EARC was supposed to alleviate some of the user responsibility by automating things but if it doesn't work right you're out of luck.
0 Likes
userKrldbVXUL7
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Wow, this isn't good. I have 2 Samsung TV's that's having this issue. It'll probably be my last time buying a Samsung TV.
0 Likes