JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fire Stick blanks screen so can't change devices

(Topic created: 04-15-2023 01:03 PM)
old_texan
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

When I'm watching cable TV, I can go to connected devies and choose Fire Stick, and then watch some streaming channels.   It's easy to do.   (TV is CU8000)

But when I want to come back to cable, it's not so easy.  When I put the Fire Stick in "sleep mode", the screen goes blank, and I literally can't see the smart hub (or the source control on my cable controller) without turning off the TV and re-starting.

Oddly I can go from cable TV to TVPlus, or any of the apps on Smart Hub, and then come back  to cable with no problem.   It's just the Fire Stick that blacks out the screen.

Am I doing something wrong here?

4 Replies
Solution
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
HD and UHD TVs
When you put a Fire stick in sleep mode, it goes to sleep.
Press the home button on your remote, pick your HDMI/device you want to go to
0 Likes
old_texan
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks for that.   I'll give it a try.    I had said "turn it off" because usually all I have close to hand are the remote for the cable box and fire stick.   But I'll try going back to the Universal.

If that doesn't work -- but sounds llike it should -- I'll post a comment here.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Can you not just change the input source without putting the fire stick in sleep mode?
0 Likes
old_texan
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I CAN change the input source, but I need to go get the Smart Hub controller.  The "source" toggle on my cable box remote -- which is mostly used --  won't work when the screen is blank.   I found that putting the Fire Stick in Home mode is enough.  Apparently it will "sleep" after about 20 minutes of inactiviy.     So as long as I remember that I can keep using the cable remote.

0 Likes