JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Firmware update broke Anynet with non Samsung devices

(Topic created: 04-02-2021 03:03 PM)
Graellic
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It appears that my one month old television had updated to 1420 and now has no control over my cable box. Neither through the remote nor through SmartThings.

Unplugging all devices, reconnecting, rebooting, resetting, and even factory reset don't restore the functionality. 

Samsung BluRay player still works with the television, but the DCX3200M from Spectrum is now listed as unknown. 

Any help on a patch or a means to roll back the driver is appreciated. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
21 Replies
Wreck89
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Well, my replacement TV developed the same problem as my first TV. It's like universal remote is a two-week free trial. HDMI-CEC works, but IR does not. I can no longer control my cable box, once again. I DID update to 1420. The problem is either a delayed effect of 1420 or that two weeks of heat in the case melts the solder on the IR board. Time to call Samsung for warranty work. They MUST know how to fix this with so many similar problems out there. Has anyone had success getting the IR function fixed?

0 Likes
Graellic
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The STB worked before the update. It may have been controlled via IR, but the STB sits below the TV with its IR receiver pointed away from the TV. This, however, is the same position it sat for the month that it was able to control it. 

0 Likes