cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Frame TV does not stay connected to WiFi, need to reset every time

My brand new frame does not connect to our WiFi. We turn on the tv, the wifi does not register, we restart the tv and reset the network (same wifi that it was previously connected to) and have to re-enter our password, then it works. We do not reset the wifi, only the tv. This is very inconvenient every time we turn on the TV. Our tv prior (purchased from target 7 years ago) had no problem "sticking" to our WiFi network. Seems like lots of samsung tv owners have this issue. Do we need a refund? I am 2nding other comments that an ethernet cable is not a solution as the wifi works just fine on all other devices all day long and the Frame requires a reset & re-log in to work. What's the actual solution here? Software is up to date, tv brand new, wifi works just fine....

3 REPLIES 3
Asteroid

Re: Frame TV does not stay connected to WiFi, need to reset every time

most internet provider uses a router that has 2 wifi networks. the 2.4 and the 5ghz. try connecting the tv to the 5 ghz then turn off the tv not by the remote but by unplugging the power cable while its on. that should fix it.

Cosmic Ray

The problem can be fixed by turning off the "instant" from on to off. How: A) Enter secret menu *find youtube videos to learn how  B) SCROLL down to MRT option and enter   C) SCROLL to "instant on", change it to "instant off"   D) get out and don't change anything else.     E) Turn the TV off and then on     F) Problem fixed, now the tv will take a bit turning all the features on as it used to. For me my Sonos playbar takes about 10 extra seconds to come up and be controlled by my smart remote. Something I can easily get used to.

Constellation

Which method work with the remote without numbers