Original topic:

Glass separating from tv

(Topic created: 04-13-2022 05:24 PM)
DonDon1177
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Glass is separating from 70" TV.  Called Samsung and I have to pay for the labor to fix, this TV is little over a year old.  Yes out of warranty, but the separation has been there more than six months, first noticed a little light leaking out from the top edge over six months ago, now it's now down the side.  Who buys a TV thinking it will only last 6 months, to get fixed I have to remove TV from wall and transport to repair shop or pay more for them to come to my home, not to mention this is a common problem.  Then there is the ticket being closed on this issue because I didn't jump on getting it repaired asap, I'm in the middle of a home renovation and needed to finish the renovation before Easter, so I recently had zero extra time, sorry samsung I couldn't accommodate your schedule.

So looks like we will be eliminating samsung from our house hold, looking into replacing my note 20 ultra for a iPhone now, also no more Samsung TV in this house.

0 Likes
2 Replies
samsyfy
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I would have asked for a replacement, and wouldn't stop asking until I got it - six months ago. You're the customer, and aren't there news channels that report people getting ripped off? But this happened 6 (six) months ago. It's not Samsung's fault. If you personally are doing the renovations since many months ago, I'm guessing you could have dropped off the TV, and dropping off and picking up would take a round hour?
P.S. I'm just a customer who happened to read about your dilemma.
0 Likes
DonDon1177
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
So as for my renovation it's been a 2 month project that has me working my day job 5am-3pmish sometimes longer then going home to work on home, not alot of extra time. Yes I noticed the light escaping from top over six months ago but really didn't realize what was happening until a month ago and saw from the side that the glass was hanging out, and shortly after that is when I called and was only offered free parts.
0 Likes