JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gray Vertical Panel Bars

(Topic created on: 3/23/20 5:29 PM)
Arlo
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a 50 inch Model# UN50EH6000F it's about 5 years old. 

The TV was working just fine.  I turned it off to go to the store came back and put a movie on for my son.  About 10 mins in The screen went white.  I tried turning it off, unplugging it, changing the plug and the same with cable box.  You can't tell in the picture but you can seen the tv picture moving in the background and can hear it.  

Update after having it shut off for 2 hours. I plugged it back in and now the picture is flashing from the gray bars to an almost infrared looking picture.  I posted a picture of what it looks like when it flashes to the other screen.

Screenshot_20200323-195943_Video Player.jpg

What caused this and can I fix it?  This is going to be a long Stay at Home order if we don't have a TV.20200323_165239.jpg

Screenshot_20200323-195943_Video Player.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AtibaW
Product Expert
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi Arlo hope your day is going well besides your TV Issue. From the looks of it from the pictures you’ve provide it seem that there is a problem with the internal connections on your unit. I’ve actually seen this personally on my parents TV few years ago. The fact that you are still getting picture in the background the video signal connections seem to be in good shape. But the fact the defects in the panels are in A symmetrical pattern shows that it’s an connection issue. Changing the connections on the outside of the unit won’t fix this Issue. It in fact will need to be serviced I suggest going to A Samsung Certified Location in order to receive genuine parts.

I figure I give you this information so you can save from buying more external plugs to fix the issue.     

I’m really sorry because I know things aren’t easy these days and have no TV doesn’t make it any better.  

I hope this information was helpful.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

At this point, service would be suggested.  It is a chance that the panel would need to be replaced.  If would like me to connect you with a technician, feel free send me a private message.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Solution
AtibaW
Product Expert
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi Arlo hope your day is going well besides your TV Issue. From the looks of it from the pictures you’ve provide it seem that there is a problem with the internal connections on your unit. I’ve actually seen this personally on my parents TV few years ago. The fact that you are still getting picture in the background the video signal connections seem to be in good shape. But the fact the defects in the panels are in A symmetrical pattern shows that it’s an connection issue. Changing the connections on the outside of the unit won’t fix this Issue. It in fact will need to be serviced I suggest going to A Samsung Certified Location in order to receive genuine parts.

I figure I give you this information so you can save from buying more external plugs to fix the issue.     

I’m really sorry because I know things aren’t easy these days and have no TV doesn’t make it any better.  

I hope this information was helpful.

View solution in context

0 Likes
FelishaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Good Afternoon, for this issue you would need to seek a repair. i would advice for you to call 1-800-SAMSUNG on further guidance into shipping your device out for service. 

0 Likes