Original topic:

Green Dot on Lower Left of Screen

(Topic created: 11-21-2021 08:45 PM)
userXWoqCyBSq9
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This doesn't appear to be a dead pixel or magnetic or anything I've read on google, it appears to be a shape.

How do I turn it off??

dot.jpg

0 Likes
10 Replies
SINFUL_ASSASSIN
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Do a diagnostics test.... it's in this app, the samsung members app. On the bottom right go to "get help" and run diagnostics... It should tell you what's wrong
userXWoqCyBSq9
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have "Support/Picture Test" and it asks "Do you still see the problem?"  <yes> and it gives me information to provide to customer support (UN55FH6200 / T-MST10PAUSC-2006.0/01S43CXF402432J)

There is also "Reset" that I have done and that didn't resolve it.

Thanks for your time, though!

SINFUL_ASSASSIN
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Okay, I would assume you've tested the pixels? A pixel test that flashes all colors on the screen...That one spot stays green no matter what everywhere all the time? 😐 sounds like a dead pixel.. I could be wrong. Good luck fellow samsung user 👍
userXWoqCyBSq9
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

When I do the "Expert Patterns" it does change color to more white.  It's a downward arrow shape, way too "humanly" shaped to be a dead pixel, it's 20 perfectly oriented dead pixels, which could be possible, though.

SINFUL_ASSASSIN
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I assume you've tried rebooting your device once or twice already right? Probably a stupid suggestion... (have you tried plugging it in?LOL)
userXWoqCyBSq9
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Not a stupid suggestion, it's the solution to many problems, but yes.

0 Likes
SINFUL_ASSASSIN
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
So when you run pixel tests, and it makes the WHOLE screen flash a different color over and over, it does nothing to those pixels ?? The pixels stay green/white ?
userXWoqCyBSq9
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I don't have that option, is it a phone app?  I just have self diagnostics and the expert patterns.  The TV is a little old.

And, since you're trying, you should see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7FYR72mr0E  I've done the reset to defaults, etc.  I haven't done <i>something</i>

The original official oft stolen and illegally posted video I made years ago.
0 Likes
SINFUL_ASSASSIN
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
You know what I didn't realize you had a samsung TV rather than a phone. Sorry.... but I might have an idea still...... answering ur question yes it's usually a phone app BUT all it does is make your whole screen display RED ORANGE YELLOW BLUE GREEN INDAGO VIOLET over and over again, in rapid pace, it's like exercise for the pixels.... find a tool like this on your laptop or phone and try hooking it up to the TV somehow, cast your screen with chrome cast or use a wireless HDMI on your laptop... theres many ways to hook many things up to TVs.. I thought u had a samsung phone this whole time, again sorry