cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhjClPKZBK7
Constellation

Green flickering on prime video 4K hdr

I recently purchased  the Samsung ue50ru7100 model. 

When watching prime video 4K hdr content on the native app I seem to have intermittent green flashing and colour flickering numerous times an hour. However do not seem to have any issues on HD content or 4K on the Apple TV app. Can you advise on how to fix this? 

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Green flickering on prime video 4K hdr

Thank you for reaching out, is the prime app the only app that you're having issues with? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userhjClPKZBK7
Constellation

Yeah it seems to only be the prime video app

userVrRjdvp9i4
Constellation

Strange, I seemed to encounter this issue too last night with my RU7400 while watching the second season of Jack Ryan in 4k HDR. Would flash with green/red bars a couple times an hour aswell as randomly getting a little brighter. There was also an issue where one scene was completely black apart from the very bright parts of the scene.

Not sure whether this is an amazon app issue or a TV issue as havent tried any other shows since.

EDIT: I've managed to capture some pictures of this happening today. These artifacts usually only show for one or 2 frames.

IMG_2257.PNGIMG_2265.PNGIMG_2266.PNGIMG_2268.jpgIMG_2267.PNG

Honored Contributor

If this is the only app this is happening with, we would recommend you reach out to their development team directly. The email contact we have for their team is aiv-android-feedback@amazon.com.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.