cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userV74fNpTh3n
Asteroid

Grey band across screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our 5 year old Series 7 LED TV (75") has recently developed a Grey cloudy horizontal band across the screen.  The band is 6 - 8 inches wide full width of the screen about a third of the way down from the top.  Is there anyway to get rid of this or is it just related to TV age?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
userV74fNpTh3n
Asteroid

Re: Grey band across screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's what I concluded also until I found out the cost to just bring it in for analysis before even knowing what the cost to fix.  Instead, I'll buy a new 75" LG that Costco is selling for $999.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The basic troubleshooting steps I would recommend is replacing the HDMI cable of the tv, running a picture test, then try performing a power reset on the TV by unplugging it for a few minutes. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userV74fNpTh3n
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I already tried all those. Replaced the HDMI cable even using a different port to plug it in. Did the power disconnect routine several times. Tried redoing all the tv settings, auto and manual. I even connected an off-air antenna directly to the tv to avoid any other equipment that might be inputting a bad signal. The horizontal grey band still exists.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this point, service would be the next suggestion.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
userV74fNpTh3n
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's what I concluded also until I found out the cost to just bring it in for analysis before even knowing what the cost to fix.  Instead, I'll buy a new 75" LG that Costco is selling for $999.  Thanks.

View solution in original post