Original topic:

HBO Max not listed in smart hub

(Topic created: 08-20-2020 07:34 PM)
userdv7h51Pcfb
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Hi,

I have an older Samsung Smart TV. I'm trying to download Hbo max. Only HBO go appears when I do an app search. Any advice...

Attached are tv specs

image.jpg

22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

Unfortunately HBO does not make a Max app for older televisions. I would recommend reaching out to HBO regarding compatible devices.

userPBF2U18C82
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

I find it hard to believe that my TV which is not yet 5 years old, is now incompatible with and can no longer stream HBO.  Hard to believe  corporations have so little regard for their customers. I'm fed up.

userQjMFFy5f09
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

This is not a "solution". I bought 3 Samsung TVs and multiple Samsung phones onthe past 5 years so that they could be compatible with each other. Not only have you removed the simple, "screen mirror" function, but none of the new streaming services, including HBO Max and Disney Plus work. I have to use my 12 year old TV with a Firestick to watch all of the new streaming services.  This should be a very simple software or firmware upgrade and now I'm being forced to get a new TV!? Guess what brand I will WILL not ever buy again? 

userL9OAYkG4pz
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Yep - this is the answer.  Get an Android TV device like the NVidia Shield, or a Firestick, or someother device that will stream HBO Max.

No more Samsung TVs for me.  Why buy a "smart" TV that isn't useful after 5 years.

userm49rAx68LF
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Did you find a resolution for this? I have the same problem with an older Samsung TV, except now HBO go is no longer available either... 

userSv9DCkav6T
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I have the same problem 

userxAnNfKtX1V
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Same here. 😠

userat0josb9Oe
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Same here. Ridiculous 

@userxAnNfKtX1V wrote:

Same here. 😠

userhgouRolHNh
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

So, everything is just trash after 5 years now? We had to buy a smart tv even though our "OLD" box tv worked perfectly after over 15 years because we wanted to cut the chord. This is we resisted buying a "SMART" tv for so long.