Original topic:

HBO Max not listed in smart hub

(Topic created: 10-15-2020 10:28 AM)
userdv7h51Pcfb
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Hi,

I have an older Samsung Smart TV. I'm trying to download Hbo max. Only HBO go appears when I do an app search. Any advice...

Attached are tv specs

image.jpg

Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

Hello all, HBO opted to have the MAX app compatible with televisions as old as 2016.  Here is a link with all of the Samsung televisions currently compatible with the application https://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/G16040006493-compatible.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung_sMTxc62
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I hava a 2020 QN55Q8DTAFXZA which does not support the app. It's brand new!?!

Whats so diferent from another 55' TV that it can't be implemented?

userLcKOjyYsRp
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

So i assume you got it from Costco?  My 49" Q8DT isnt on the list as well... seems like an oversight on Samsungs part to not include their Costco models on the list... unfortunately i have little hope it will be added any time soon, if ever... 

userLcKOjyYsRp
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

I have the Samsung Q8DT From Costco... model QN49Q8DTAFXZAPD...

The problem is, with HBO Max on the compatible TV's, its not listed.  And when i try to install the HBO Max it just says "Cancel" for a bit and then changes to "Install" ... and repeats as many times as i try..

Is it because the Costco version of the Q8DT is not listed on the compatibility site?  How do i get samsung to update this so it includes the Costco TVs?

Or what is the issue?

0 Likes
userhwmSLZZxnL
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Re: HBO Max not listed in smart hub

I have 2 Samsung tv's, 2 phones, and a samsung refrigerator. I have bought Samsung products for years. the 2 tv's are the 3rd and 4th Samsung tv's. I can't get the HBO max app or the Halmark Now app on my tv either. I think I am going to look at other brands from now on! Samsung has made a big mistake by not fixing this. In my mind this is just a software update that they should have done by now!!!

ARQvrvs
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

I buy a New Samsung TV Last Month and know indicates that does not support HBO-MAX that's unacceptable. We try everything and still indicated that we have to update the browser we look for the model and didn't appear on the list  -  The Model of Both Samsung TV we have are UN40N5200 bought the last month and the other is UN50MU6070 from 2018  - The HBO-MAx apps is not in the AppStore.    

userXvS2UFvkdv
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

It appears not to be working with fairly new models.  Why can't Samsung fix this on models going back further to, say, 2013?

user2918DTx3ob
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Guess who just lost another customer? I’m very disappointed in the lack of support for televisions that are just a few years old. Two of our “sMaRt” TVs are now obsolete because they no longer receive updates and no longer support the latest streaming services’ apps. It was a blessing that one of them broke, so our insurance could replace it with something newer. I stopped using samsung smartphones for the exact same reason. Apple iOS all day erryday! 

userfK1n2F42En
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Same!  Bought a home two years ago with two giant Samsung flat screens and suddenly no HBO Now and won't download HBO Max.  This is BS!  Not to mention, don't we already have to pay a subscription for Samsung?  

Rob2bald
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
can I get hbomax on my Samsung un40mu6290fxza